Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: IPhone software upgrade

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right I'm having prooblems, I have looked on the apple website today to see if I can upgrade my software, the site says about the new software but I can't find where you get the download. help help help.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 141352
    Right I'm having prooblems, I have looked on the apple website today to see if I can upgrade my software, the site says about the new software but I can't find where you get the download. help help help.
    It should be available to you via iTunes.

    Bring up iTunes and plug your phone in like you're going to sync it. Then, in iTunes, on the left hand side of the screen (where your playlists are), click on your the icon for your iPhone (if it isn't selected already).

    The first page you see should tell you what version of iPhone software you've got and that there's an update available.

    Tom (... hope this helps!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done that but it says I have software version 2.2.1 and that this is the current version..

  4. #4
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 141369
    I have done that but it says I have software version 2.2.1 and that this is the current version..
    I don't think it's been released yet

    Hang in there, it did say it'd be available today but it's still early over in the US :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 141370
    I don't think it's been released yet

    Hang in there, it did say it'd be available today but it's still early over in the US :D

    I can't wait, its like christmas day...

  6. #6
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh

    "Apple has announced that the latest version of its iPhone OS will be available from tomorrow, forcing iPhone users to twiddle their thumbs for a day longer than expected.

    The update brings with it bunch of much-awaited features, including cut and paste, MMS and support for Bluetooth headphones. iPhone users have been chomping at the bit to get hold of the new release which was expected today.

    The reasons for the delay aren't clear. The fact that hacking group The iPhone Dev Team spent Tuesday evening demonstrating how to unlock the OS - allowing phones to be used on other networks - could have something to do with it, but more likely it's a logistical issue. Either way, Apple aren't saying anything"
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 141374
    Uh oh

    "Apple has announced that the latest version of its iPhone OS will be available from tomorrow, forcing iPhone users to twiddle their thumbs for a day longer than expected.

    The update brings with it bunch of much-awaited features, including cut and paste, MMS and support for Bluetooth headphones. iPhone users have been chomping at the bit to get hold of the new release which was expected today.

    The reasons for the delay aren't clear. The fact that hacking group The iPhone Dev Team spent Tuesday evening demonstrating how to unlock the OS - allowing phones to be used on other networks - could have something to do with it, but more likely it's a logistical issue. Either way, Apple aren't saying anything"

    OMG IS THIS FOR REAL????????????

  8. #8
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 141375
    OMG IS THIS FOR REAL????????????
    'fraid so
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 141376
    'fraid so
    Right I'm now going to go to my local Apple store and throw myself on the floor and have a paddy, it works for children maybe it will work for me. LOL

    I was really looking forward to all the new features.

  10. #10
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 141377
    Right I'm now going to go to my local Apple store and throw myself on the floor and have a paddy, it works for children maybe it will work for me. LOL

    I was really looking forward to all the new features.
    Well it's a bit confusing, all their official stuff still says the 17th but it's definitely being reported as being delayed to the 18th.

    I've got it already so I'm not QUITE so anxious but the developer site still doesn't have the 3.0 proper release version which I'd kinda expect it to if it was going to be out there today :/

    So hmmmmm
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •