Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a villa location!

Post Thanks / Like
    For our 2010 trip we're going to stay in a villa. Obviously the choice of areas is vast and each place will no doubt have it's merits. Because there are so many I have no idea where to start! Can you nice people tell me what you think is a great place to base ourselves?

We obviously love WDW but also love to visit Seaworld, Celebration and shopping at the main malls. Somewhere handy to these places with minimum driving and I know this might be a tall order but if there is somewhere where you don't sit in hours of traffic queues morning and night would be a bonus!

I'm not familiar with road names etc but DH is so if you know of a place thats on 'this' road or 'that' road I can relay this to DH and he will no doubt say "Oh I know where that is"

Fank you lovely people!:birdie:

Post Thanks / Like
    we have always stayed in the davenport area

sunridge woods
    esprit
    calabay parc

and next trip sunset ridge gated community from our own malcolm a bit further south near haynes city, but jusrt a quick drive away
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd have to go along with Mick's recommendation. The Route 27 area just south of the 192 west intersection is going to be your best bet.

Very little traffic and just minutes from the attractions and shopping. If you wanted to head to the Tampa area for Bush Gardens, it's nicely located to start you on your way there, too.

The whole of the 27 corridor has built up over the years so it now has much better selections for dining and shopping.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claire ...first thing to do is a "wish" list for example if you look for a 5 bed villa

2 master bedrooms ensuite
    3 twin bedrooms
    additional bathroom
    south faceing pool not overlooked
    spa
    gamesroom
    quiet location
    easy access to main areas
    shops restraunts close by
    walmart/target/publix close by

this sort of thing you need to sit down and see with your family fits your needs then go onto a site and state your dates and flexability bear in mind most owners can be flexible a few days either way so you may want to book the villa and say to owner that you want a few days either side of your dates as flexability(pending flight dates)
    A good site to "general request" on is www.villasneardisney.net address it to Tracy and mention my name...she has a good selection and is good to talk to.(Hope this is ok Keith/mods please edit if not)
    The US27 is very up and comeing with a new mall area thats just opend opposite our estate and more modern than the US192 which is very tourist orientated. But they still have some very good estates on there so do check them out.
    Hope the info may help
    Malcolm

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stopped all over and to be honest, the best place for us, is as close to the 192 as possible. Somewhere near Old lake Wilson Road, this year we are staying at Sunset Lakes. This community is very close to the 192, (Formosa Gardens area) maybe 2 mins drive. In the past we have stopped in Davenport, Clermont, ect and even though they have been lovely, we have found the drive back to/from WDW a bit of a nightmare, especially Orange Tree in Clermont, just passed Cagan;s Crossing near the Walmart. I cant remember the slip you use once the 192 finishes but every night it was backed up and we got stuff in the most horendous traffic.

So having stayed at Indian Ridge oaks many years ago and loved the location we have opted for one much closer to the disney exit.

We have also stopped at Eagle Pionte, down the other end of the 192, which was ok, right near the Walmart on Oren Brown Drive, Medieval Times. Not a bad location really but prefer to be a little further down.
    Love and Hugs Catherine :tongue0011-1:

October 21st - 28th 08. Jardim Da Vau Portugal:

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with Catherine, when we have stayed in a villa it has been indian ridge, although we spend more time in the disney parks than US and SW etc. Its only 20-30 mins to them though. Will be looking for one closer to disney next time so any suggestions of villas that will sleep 9 gratefully recieved for 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 4497
    Will be looking for one closer to disney next time so any suggestions of villas that will sleep 9 gratefully recieved for 2010.
    http://www.disneypalmsvilla.com/HOME.html

But you can't have it for August. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 4446
    we have always stayed in the davenport area

sunridge woods
    esprit
    calabay parc

and next trip sunset ridge gated community from our own malcolm a bit further south near haynes city, but jusrt a quick drive away
    As you are going to be staying that far south then you MUST try Mannys chop house... the food is to die for. Plus there is a big WalMarts that way too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 4540
    http://www.disneypalmsvilla.com/HOME.html

But you can't have it for August. :D
    now you know i'm going in August :dozey:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard that Manny's is very good! Never been there, but may take a drive one fine Sunday! :D

The section of 192 west that leads to 27 can indeed back up. :( There is the Black Lake Road cutoff, but that only saves you from having to travel part of the 192 stretch. 'Course part is better than none, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast