Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You'll all be eggsasperated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are more egg pics:

More development going on. When you candle them from one side all you get is shadow because of the embryo. It's that gunk on the side of the egg nearest to the camera!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant see the pics from work, but just had to say Im LOVING the titles on all your egg threads :)

Great job Josh!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't stop shining your flashlight on those little guys they won't get any sleep and then they'll be all grumpy when they hatch!

Tom (... needs his beauty sleep, he does!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh I have been thinking about you a lot. This past week or so, we had three nesting eastern box tortoises in our yard. I almost ran over one while mowing my lawn this week. She was almost entirely burried in my lawn. Can't wait for the little ones to hatch. I think we may have caused the change in their egg laying. We put up a border along the shrubs next to our house and I think they can't make it over it easily. They always used to lay the eggs amongst the low shrubs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 141698
    If you don't stop shining your flashlight on those little guys they won't get any sleep and then they'll be all grumpy when they hatch!

Tom (... needs his beauty sleep, he does!)
    LOL- I only do it once a week!!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 141699
    Josh I have been thinking about you a lot. This past week or so, we had three nesting eastern box tortoises in our yard. I almost ran over one while mowing my lawn this week. She was almost entirely burried in my lawn. Can't wait for the little ones to hatch. I think we may have caused the change in their egg laying. We put up a border along the shrubs next to our house and I think they can't make it over it easily. They always used to lay the eggs amongst the low shrubs.
    If a gravid tortoise or box turtle wanted to lay her eggs in a place- she would make it across! If she is doing it your lawn area then the chances are it is a suitable site for them. Try not to disturb them until they actually start to drop their eggs- they go into a sort of trance and then it is safe to approach them. I set up a tripod so that Yanni could be left alone and watched her from a distance. You are very lucky to get them to lay in your garden! They are very nice looking turtles, particularly the males with their red eyes. They do require different care to a tortoise- a lot more humid. Perhaps there is percipitation in your grass and that is why they are nesting there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! It's no eggsageration to say that I'm really impressed............. Are you still going to do the eggsfactor? It's great to see the photo's, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetlakes, post: 141709
    Wow!! It's no eggsageration to say that I'm really impressed............. Are you still going to do the eggsfactor? It's great to see the photo's, thank you
    Thats a CRACKING pun....

I will do the eggsfactor thing but I've got to wait a while first as they aren't due to hatch yet and I need to position the webcam at the particular egg that is hatching- incubator isn't big enough to focus on all of them
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Eggxcellent!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 141729
    Eggxcellent!!
    ....eggxactly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 141711
    Thats a CRACKING pun....

I will do the eggsfactor thing but I've got to wait a while first as they aren't due to hatch yet and I need to position the webcam at the particular egg that is hatching- incubator isn't big enough to focus on all of them
    Great to hear you are still hatching your plan. I'm not yolking when I say I can't wait for June to be ova so we can get cracking with the hatching - bet you wished you'd never egged me on, i'm becoming a right eggomaniac so think i'd better eggxit fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast