Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone tried disney paradiso 37 yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been reading about paradiso 37 at downtown disney and wondered if anyone has tried it yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, we haven't tried it but a friend of ours has and it didn't impress him (nor his party) too much. They are CMs at Disney and felt they could get better food for much less "off property." They were really put off by having to pay for chips and salsa, which is pretty much unheard of. They found the food bland, and not prepared as nicely as the price would warrant.

They put us off from wanting to go there!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    yep I agree

We went on the first day and found it lacking. It's somewhere between trying too hard to be different but afraid to be too different in case people don't like it.

The result is a bland representation of the food styles on offer

Definitely didn't wow I'm afraid
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    boo hoo...

I think its too hard to really try to have representative food from so many countries.... Ive tried Cuban, Colombian, Chilean, Argentinian, Peruvian and Brazilian cuisine, and just ocmparing it to Mexican food they are all soooooooooo differente I just dont see how you could fit them all under one roof..... so, in a way it doesnt surprise me that the food is bland...

And I cannot believe you have to pay for chips and salsa!! .....

Post Thanks / Like
    We took Seth back to Ft. Myers yesterday (whew, long round trip) and on our way back decided to stop at DTD and see if we could find something to eat.

First, the place was JAMMED!!! There clearly were several different "groups" in town, FDA for one (YIKES) and some volleyball teams, tour groups, etc. Apparently, they all wanted to be in DTD on Saturday night at around 9:00 pm! LOL.

So, with that much attendance, all the dining places were quite busy. We stopped by Paradiso to have a nosy around. The set up is kind of cool. Three tiers, with one outdoor bar (indoor ones too) and some outdoor seating along with indoor. There was a two piece live "band" playing LOUDLY (loss of points for that :) ) and the lighting made it hard to read the menu. The menu didn't overwhelm with uniqueness. Very predictable.

We stood by the expediter window and watched for several minutes as the food plates were prepared and sent out. Smallish portions (which is fine for most purposes) but nothing to spur the immediate need to descend into carb overload. :)

We were actually far more impressed and tempted by the new items added to the Cooke's of Dublin menu. We held strong though and escaped the lure of "we really aren't supposed to eat that" delicacies of the entire area. :)

I'm with you Mari. I just think charging for chips and salsa is like charging for napkins or tap water!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Meant to say that as we wandered around we enjoyed several different styles of live music but were THRILLED to hear and see Nova Era!!! :9: They were playing in the Fulton Crab House area. You'll remember them as the group that used to be in Italy. They wore Renaissance clothing and play very lively, high energy Renaissance era music. They were not in their costumes, but were still dressed uniquely and sounded wonderful. :D :D

It was really good to hear them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 141982
    We took Seth back to Ft. Myers yesterday (whew, long round trip) and on our way back decided to stop at DTD and see if we could find something to eat.
    you know how jealous I am of you being able to just "stop by"

We were actually far more impressed and tempted by the new items added to the Cooke's of Dublin menu. We held strong though and escaped the lure of "we really aren't supposed to eat that" delicacies of the entire area. :)
    We spent quite a lot of time at DTD on the recent trip. Staying at port orleans meant a pleasant little boat trip to it or an hour wait in the heat for the bus

It was pretty much always packed!

Planet hollywood was operating queuing even in the middle of the day. Strangely, Raglan Road was empty each time we went and we had some nice relaxed lunches there

Post Thanks / Like
    Raglan Road was busy last night, but that's not a real indication as every place was. We've noticed the slowness there though too, on any number of other visits. Worrisome as that kind of points toward something not being "on" about it. The food is iffy...we've only ever truly enjoyed the starters, far preferring to eat from the selections at Cooke's.

It's a fun place, but needs better management, perhaps?

If we'd have been back sooner we'd have stopped by the World Showcase instead. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 141988
    Raglan Road was busy last night, but that's not a real indication as every place was. We've noticed the slowness there though too, on any number of other visits. Worrisome as that kind of points toward something not being "on" about it. The food is iffy...we've only ever truly enjoyed the starters, far preferring to eat from the selections at Cooke's.

It's a fun place, but needs better management, perhaps?
    Helen enjoyed her lunch but of the four times we've been there, I'd say two or three of my main courses has been passable but not great. Including the signature fish and chips.

If we'd have been back sooner we'd have stopped by the World Showcase instead. :D
    TOTALLY jealous now

Roll on Oct/Nov

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like the fish and chips at the restaurant. Again, that's something that is done much better at the take away counter service Cooke's. Funny, huh?

You'll be back for the FWF. :D

(You really want to look into DVC, don't you)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast