Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It will be a Nikon D40 ... now, I have some questions....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive checked online and there some "packages" with extra lenses, and carrying cases and the like...

So... for those of you who have a D40... knowing that here's Mari, a newbie who only knows how to use a point and shoot camera...... do you think I need anything extra?

Im not saying that in the long run, after I get the hang of it (eventually I hope I will) I might decide I need such and such lense... but, to begin with??

So.. here's what Toņo found at different websites... what would you get me??

Amazon<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Lens and Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lens + 4GB (SD) Card: $714.09<o:p></o:p>
    Technical Details<o:p></o:p>
    KIT INCLUDES 10 PRODUCTS -- All Brand New Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> Warranties: <o:p></o:p>
    Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera - Black <o:p></o:p>
    Nikon AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II ED DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens; Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lens; Transcend 4GB(SDHC) Card <o:p></o:p>
    High Speed USB 2.0 SecureDigital (SD/SDHC/MMC) Card Reader + ImageRecall Digital Image Recovery Software <o:p></o:p>
    Nikon SLR System Case - Gadget Bag + Memory Card Storage Wallet + Precision Design 6-Piece Deluxe Cleaning Kit + Cameta Microfiber Cleaning Cloth<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Circuit City<o:p></o:p>
    Nikon D40 Digital Camera SLR Body with 18-55MM LENS - 6.1 Megapixel, 3x 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens, Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm Lens - f/4-5.6G IF-ED: $621.98<o:p></o:p>
    BestBuy<o:p></o:p>
    Nikon D40 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera with Extra Lens and Case:$657.39<o:p></o:p>
    Features<o:p></o:p>
    DX-format RGB CCD; 18-55mm DX Zoom-Nikkor lens; 2.5" TFT-LCD monitor; Image Processing Engine; Digital Vari-Program modes; built-in SpeedLight flash; continuous shooting mode <o:p></o:p>
    Extra Nikon Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX zoom lens features 3.1' minimum focusing distance and a compact, lightweight design <o:p></o:p>
    Nikon nylon DSLR accessory bag with padded shoulder strap is generously sized to protect and store your camera, lenses and accessories; includes educational DVD<o:p></o:p>

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave here............dont have a d40 but have had various nikon dslr's in the past im sure its a good choice - on the basis that the camera and the lenses are the same between the offers the only difference is the extras. having a specific nikon bag maybe important to you but i would suspect the items offered maybe cheaper elswhere, so maybe the cheaper alternative is the better one although cant speak for the company involved

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt't buy one from Circuit City Mari. They have gone bankrupt.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, I have the Nikon D40 and I love it. I think you have seen some of my pictures.

I bought mine here www.adorama.com and got a fabulous deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the extra lens and you want to make sure if you get the extra lens (55-200mm) you want the one with VR in the name. Helps with shaken, which we all do to some extent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I got a 4gb card for dirt cheap on amazon, along with a camera bag that I liked. There are so many out there to choose from. My bundle just included the camera and the extra lens...everything else I bought apart from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit I like the amazon bundle. Seems like everything you'd need for some time to come!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 141848
    the items offered maybe cheaper elswhere, so maybe the cheaper alternative is the better one although cant speak for the company involved
    yeap!! I just want to know which items I need/want, and then will shop around!

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 141849
    I wouldnt't buy one from Circuit City Mari. They have gone bankrupt.
    Thanks JOhn!! Thats exactly what I told him!

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 141870
    Mari, I have the Nikon D40 and I love it. I think you have seen some of my pictures.

I bought mine here www.adorama.com and got a fabulous deal.
    Will check it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 141871
    I got the extra lens and you want to make sure if you get the extra lens (55-200mm) you want the one with VR in the name. Helps with shaken, which we all do to some extent.
    Great tip!! Thanks Billie!!!! What does this lense do??? hahaha, In which situations would I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 141872
    Oh, and I got a 4gb card for dirt cheap on amazon, along with a camera bag that I liked. There are so many out there to choose from. My bundle just included the camera and the extra lens...everything else I bought apart from it.
    yeap.. I thinks thats what I will end up doing... that way I can choose... what brand is your bag? Ive heard Lowenpro and Denali are good...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 141885
    I must admit I like the amazon bundle. Seems like everything you'd need for some time to come!
    Thats what Toņo said, but Imnot sure I will use everything... Im a bit scared of big cameras... hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    :D I use the lens for those further distant objects. I like using it for landscapes as well. Or for those squirrels I can't get too close to. :)

I also like lowepro bags, thats what I have, in fact I have two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 141945
    Thats what Toņo said, but Imnot sure I will use everything... Im a bit scared of big cameras... hahahaha
    You'll be surprised for sure

The 18-55 lens is fine for closeish stuff but very soon you'll be thinking if only you had a longer lens for more far away stuff. That 55-200 will be great for you :)

The other stuff, card, bag, card reader is all needed

Tbh It's a VERY easy camera to use and on day one, all you do is set it to full automatic, point and shoot :) instant great photos
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast