Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On phone to WDW Dine and ready to scream

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I mention how much I like to eat off site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 142013
    Did I mention how much I like to eat off site?
    What are you fave places offsite??? we eat offsite so rarely that it's always great to hear of other places

I've never tried black angus, ihop, applebees... and LOADS more which people often mention
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did like Pebbles at The Crossroads but it closed down.

Adrian is shouting Red Lobster at me. It's half decent for Brits not used to seafood but the Cheddar Bay Biscuits are awesome and worth the trip for us alone.

We don't really go for sophisticated places because of having the ankle biter and Adrian being a fussy eater but it is nice just to be able to barrel up to a place and be seated in a few minutes with drink in hand.

We use Perkins for breakfast a lot and even have the odd no frills dinner there but they do not serve alcohol.

Oh the Mexican place at the Crossroads is nice - I can never remember its name but it's the table service place, not Taco Bell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chevy's.

I HATE Applebee's. IHOP isn't any better than a Waffle House (which are totally disgusting). Can you tell I'm slightly opinionated about low end chain restaurants? Let me be clearer... :wink:

Long Horn is about the only mid range chain that we are happy with. There is a new one west on 192, near all the new shops. Decent food, usually and ridiculously good prices. You can get a decent filet mignon for $25! (With sides of course). We like it because they will give us a really nice mixed greens salad, steamed asparagus and the beef. They have a nice grilled sirloin mixed greens salad, too. I think it's $12.

Other than that, I am really harsh on the restaurants in the Orlando area. Especially, since my beloved Herself took me to Melisse for my birthday (Santa Monica, CA). I'll never look at "gourmet" food the same way again. Nothing in this area compares.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I booked the last few days today and had a much better experience. I rang at 4pm UK time and waited just 9 minutes before getting through to a lovely CM. Got what I wanted and she kindly added that two of the ressies were birthday celebrations (was too scared to ask Grumpy last week).

So added to list is Narcoossees, another visit to Cali Grill and Akershus.

I better start a diet before the food fest starts

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT