Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kansas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found this forum and looking forward to being 'informed' by all!

Planning a trip for September - just myself and my son - for his birthday. He will be a young '43' and we have never had the opportunity to travel together. My hubby & his wife volunteered to do with out us for a few days, so off we go!

Anyone know about the Spoodles to Kouzzina (by Cat Cora) change? Maybe when they plan to open? My son is a chef and we would really like to try out the place.

Thanks in advance to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    hello and welcome to secrets
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    and to Secrets 2ofUs! Looking forward to hearing all your plans for your upcoming trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    and welcome to Secrets

Post Thanks / Like
    WELCOME To Disney Secrets

:10:
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 2ofUs!

I think it's lovely that it'll be just you and your son, shows how much he still loves his Mommy even if he is all grown up with a wife!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - thanks for all the quick responses. Now if I could just get the hang of using the online reservation system. Maybe I'll just stick to doing it the old fashion way by phone for this trip!

So far we are considering dining at: Chefs, Ohana, Wave, Sanaa (or perhaps Jiko), Tuskers w/Nemo pkg, Raglan Road, and Kouzzina if I can find out when they plan to open.

We also plan to munch our way around the world at the F&WF if they offer a soft opening on Thursday 9/24 that is. If not, it will have to wait until the following Tuesday since I don't want to brave the masses that are there for the opening weekend.

Oh, our travel dates are Mon 9/21 arrival, departing Wed 9/30. We stay at All Star Sport for the first 7 nights (was POP but WDW dropped a day and I had to reschedule) then we get 2 nights at Saratoga Springs to finish the trip.

Thanks again for the pleasant welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Welcome to Disney Secrets! It's beautiful that you and your son are going to WDW alone. How very wonderful is that?!

Since your son is a chef, I'd think he'll like Jiko best of the restaurants at Animal Kingdom.

Everyone has their own preferences, but the Wave doesn't get too many good reviews. It's not "bad" just not very tasty.

We're hoping for Cat Cora to open soon too! I think it's supposed to be sometime in early fall, but not sure.

All Star Sports is a nice place. We've stayed there and really enjoyed ourselves. You will like Saratoga Springs too! Two very different resorts. Shows you the diversity of Disney.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Secrets! How lovely that you and your son are taking a trip together. I hope you have a wonderful time. Happy planning!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site!!! I hope you two have a wonderful time! :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast