Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbados... mini trippie....now with photos

Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps word had got round that you were there....oooh, i bet Richard told him about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay trip report time. Nothing l like more than a camp air steward reminds me of "the high life and Air Scotia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fantastic - great photo's, thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    ooohhhh a trip report! Just what I need right now!! More please!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday 20th: Quick breakfast in room after another comfortable night, the beds are sooo comfy thank god. We decided to hit the beach today, the white sand and turquoise sea were just so inviting. We sat and watched these *lumps* in the water... looked like dead bodies floating so just before we screamed in horror we saw they were huge turtles! there were about 10 of them all floating and bobbing up and down in the sea, they swim alongside you and the notices in the Hotel tell you not to pull them down as they can drown, they have to be able to come up for air. So we swim and don't touch, the sea was actually cooler than the pool, but still warm. Turtles come and lay their eggs on the beach so when there is a nest security put sticks around the nest and tape it off so you don't accidentally tread there, Barbados do alot to look after the turtles and there are lots of signs telling you what to do if you come upon a nest and who to contact so it can be logged. We find some shells and coral on the beach and they will go into our souvenir boxes once back home. DD decides to have a go on a jet ski so dons a vest and is taken around some of the island on it, she loved it and got to see some of the posher Hotels and how the other half live lol, also her teeth were abit loose after that trip lol. We just mainly relaxed and swam while listening to a steel band, it was wonderful.

We had afternoon High Tea and then went browsing across the road where they have some shops called The Chattel House Village, these shops are based on the old slave houses, obviously they weren't as colourful as these ones are.

We have an older couple above us and for some reason they don't walk across their floor they *stomp* so we nicknamed them *The Heffalumps* lol. Honest to god I don't know what they do up there but we can hear beds being moved and chairs being moved and these walls are thick! (NB, when they left the new couple were as quiet as mice) We couldn't work out what they were doing! it started as soon as they got up at around 7am and didn't stop til they left their room to go to the pool. SHE was as thin as a rake, I've seen more meat on an empty kebab stick, and He wasn't a heavyweight either... very strange?
    When having the High Tea we could see the birds knew what time it was too and one bird only had the one leg so he/she always got a bit of cake from us. We also found a cafe across the road called Happy Days and Mick the proprietor is from London and his wife is Bajan, they were friendly and we had some good chats and some good food there, his steak was out of this world. We later went for a stroll up at The Gap as it's called for short for St Lawrence Gap, it's the happening place in Barbados and just up the road from our Hotel. More to come...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, I used to have an upstairs neighbor that weighed maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. She made so much noise!! You would have thought elephants lived above me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds and looks like luxury Helen. xxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Swimming with turtles and the Big B. Now I'm totally jealous.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't got to the good part yet... DD and her boyfriend..... he's called almost every day since we got back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Helly, the photos are wonderful - i so wish i was there! i'd love to see the turtles

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast