Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bloomin awful customer service!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon bought some steaks from the local butcher to cook for me last night and when we opened the pack the smell was horrible. So he had to go to Tescos to buy some more. So i took the packet with me to the butchers (it was sealed in plastic) today and there were 2 of them in there. The first one sniffed it and said oh ok i don't understand how that could happen the use by date is the 27/06 and accused me of walking around town with them for ages- Jon went straight down sat morning and only got them-came back and put them in the fridge. Anyway he finally relented and gave me my money back- to the penny, i thought to keep my business he would offer me another couple of steaks(supermarkets do that if food is off and you have to go and take it back etc etc ) but just as i'm picking my money off the counter to walk out the other really mean butcher starts calling me picky and that there's nothing wrong with the steaks. I actually felt really intimidated by them both- ok i said give me back the steak and i'll give them to environmental health- well all hell broke loose. I got the steaks back and have rung and waiting for the environmental health people to call back. How can people be like this? especially in a recession, the town where i live only has 17000 people and stuff like this spreads. I didn't make a fuss either. Just wanted my money back.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thats bad, real bad CS, mind you you are lucky to have a butcher we havent and there are 200,000 here i think
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    well i haven't any more Nut! no way on this planet i'm setting foot in that shop again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't blame you Julie...that is totally appalling!! You're right, how the heck can he treat customers like that? Good on you for sticking up for yourself cos that can be tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a tenner down but it was the principle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's ridiculous- Even if they thought the steaks where O.K, you'd think that they would be more than happy to replace them. Those steaks probably cost them about 1, but overall they will cost them a lot more in lost custom!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG - how rude. I'm surprised he's still in business if that's how he treats his customers

In my opinion, given the treatment you got, you did exactly the right thing - who knows how many other people that may have happened too who have been too intimidated to take it further.

I mean, imagine if it were an elderly customer who was too scared to stand up to that disgusting treatment.

good for you hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Great move on your part Julie. Have you frozen the steaks while you wait for EH? I did something similar in Tesco's one day and called in EH. It worked a treat and EH were crawling all over their bread dept for about a week. I bet they wish they hadnt treated me so badly, after getting a huge telling off and having to apologise and pay me off.
    I hope you get a good result and that the butcher has what is coming to him.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I can't beleive how some stores are acting lately. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

My sister has been trying to buy a car. The car industry in the US is in the toilet so you would think they would be happy with any sale they could get. Oh no, they have been nothing but nasty and rude to her.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    that is sooo rude

definetly NEVER go back... plus.. spread the word!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast