Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best restaurant at downtown disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmm I'm having trouble deciding on a restaurant to go to at downtown disney? There's that boat one I think, what's that like

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite restaurant in DTD is the Portobello Yacht Club. The boat is known as Fulton's Crab House. I don't think we have ever eaten there. Their menu looks tasty, but a bit pricey to me.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think our favourite restaurant at DTD is Bongos. We had a delicious meal there earlier this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have only had dinner at Cap'n Jack's Restaurant , so Ill say it is the best... hahaha....

The clam chowder was SUPERB, and we had some sort of artichoke dip which was also very good!

Also, if you get a window table on the bar side, the view of the DTD lagoon, shops and other restaurants is very nice!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For a counter servie meal, Earl of Sandwhich cannot be beat. They are cheap (for Disney anyway) and very good.

We also had a lovely counter service meal at Wolfgang Puck. It made me want to try the sitdown restaurant.

Mmm i will have to try Bongos. I always forget about a lot of the DTD restaurants.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't go to Puck's Cafe. It's fallen down hard. We used to love it there... if you want it, go to the counter service.

The Media Noche (served at lunch only) is uber scrummy at Bongo's.

We really like the new menu at Cooke's of Dublin so have a look and see if it has anything you like.

HOB was literally inedible the last time we were there.

Fulton's Crab House used to have luxurious clam chowder and true ceasar salad at the lounge, but things changed and we've not been there in years. Stupidly priced for seafood that is not as fresh as they'd like you to think it is.

Rainforest and T Rex are essentially one in the same with different themes. Mediocre food for too much money, poor service and too loud for enjoyment.

Earl of Sandwich is really nice for a counter service place. Fresh, hot (when it should be) and tasty.

Portobello Yacht Club has never taken my fancy. It has a new menu now and is essentially pasta and pizza which I no longer eat.

The new place Paradiso is run of the mill south American food which looked pretty bland to us. We didn't eat there, just nosied around and nothing really looked too tempting.

Raglan Road is so hit or miss, it's hard to recommend for anything other than appetizers. I love their pate though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh! If going to Raglan Road get the bread pudding!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 142740
    Don't go to Puck's Cafe. It's fallen down hard. We used to love it there... if you want it, go to the counter service.
    I'm sorry to hear that. We are going to be staying at POR & OKW next weekend for the 4th and were planning on going there. Guess will head on over to the counter service on the 3rd since we have Hoop Dee Doo reservations for the 4th.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the information Tink!!

Post Thanks / Like
    DisneyFreak, we were so very disappointed. It was always our standby "guarantee" of a decent meal and nice time. We'd have been better off going to Publix for a rotisserie chicken.

You are welcome Mari! DTD doesn't really have much to recommend it anymore in so far as dining goes.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast