Thread: ESTA every time we go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if we have to fill in the online ESTA form for visas every time we go or does it just last for a time?

Post Thanks / Like
    The ESTA online approval is valid for 2 years from the original acceptance date. please ensure you have your acceptance reference(s).

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wymanp, post: 143397
    The ESTA online approval is valid for 2 years from the original acceptance date. please ensure you have your acceptance reference(s).

Hope this helps.
    Oh I didnt know that either, thanks thats great information

So we don't need to update it each time with where we're staying or anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pigletpete, post: 143406
    Oh I didnt know that either, thanks thats great information

So we don't need to update it each time with where we're staying or anything?

Hello Pigletpete, it is valid for 2 years, but as I understand it, could be wrong, but if in the second year you were to stay somewhere else in florida then you would have to update any details that are different from the first year, am I right ?
    We have had our flight tickets through with a reminder to print off the reference numbers to take with us.

Bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer, post: 144854
    Hello Pigletpete, it is valid for 2 years, but as I understand it, could be wrong, but if in the second year you were to stay somewhere else in florida then you would have to update any details that are different from the first year, am I right ?
    We have had our flight tickets through with a reminder to print off the reference numbers to take with us.

Bill.
    The official line seems to be that the application is valid for 2 years but if any details change between trips they should be updated. That in theory includes where you're staying.

They do say that it will probably be ok if you don't BUT the immigration officer will have the ESTA and API information on his screen when you're in front of him and may enquire why the information is different.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Updating ESTA data for repeat visits within the 2 year ESTA duration is recommended but is not mandatory. I.e. Upon entry into the USA, the Customs and Border Protection Officer will also have the travelerís APIS data on screen at the same time as the ESTA data and this may lead to a query why the two sets of data do not match. Updating ESTA with new arrival and 1st nightís stay data will save time at the point of entry as it will mean fewer questions.