Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only did she threaten me into going to work on friday saying that
    'Michael Jackson's death is not a reason for you to miss work and if u r not there in 1 hour I WILL be considering dismissal'
    But now, she hasent paid me! At all.

Everyone else has been paid. except me! She knows the remainder of our holiday needs to be paid by today. I am so angry. Honestly dont know what to do.
    I feel like not going in.

She threatened me into going to work and then didnt even call to check I was there!
    So I was at work doing absolutely nothing all day because we were overstaffed. And I mean, actually sitting there all day in a room, crying. Doing nothing else.

[/URL]

Nation to Nation, All the world must come together. Face the problems that we see, then maybe somehow we can work it out.
    I asked my neighbour for a favour she said later. What has come of all the people have we lost love of what its about?
    I have to find my piece cos noone seems to let me be. False prophets, cry of doom, what are the posibilities?
    I told my brother there'll be problems times and tears for fears. We must live each day like its the last.

Michael, u r my life. I love u so much.

August 29th 1958 - June 25th 2009 xxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol.. sorry Kel but MJ dying isn't really a good enough reason to not go in.. what you like?

Post Thanks / Like
    it is when u r a mess like i am

[/URL]

Nation to Nation, All the world must come together. Face the problems that we see, then maybe somehow we can work it out.
    I asked my neighbour for a favour she said later. What has come of all the people have we lost love of what its about?
    I have to find my piece cos noone seems to let me be. False prophets, cry of doom, what are the posibilities?
    I told my brother there'll be problems times and tears for fears. We must live each day like its the last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww Kel, sorry to hear about your boss, but if I was honest I would have to agree that MJ dying is not a good enough reason for taking a paid sick day. Companies in the UK do are not under any obligation at all to pay for sickness and do so out of good practice. I would speak to her and let her know that you did go in on Friday and see if you can "wipe the slate clean" this morning. Hope you get things sorted hun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree with your boss Kel. However, I think she could have had a bit more compassion toward you. It has affected some people more than others and she should have recognised that. But, you need to chat with her and again "wipe the slate clean"

Come on kiddo, Michael wouldn't want you in trouble over him now would he?

Post Thanks / Like
    U see, if we were paid sick pay then I would understand. But we're not.

I wouldnt have just not gone it knowing that they would be short staffed.

There was 3 spare nurses on friday. She normally loves it when we call in sick because she doesnt pay us for it

[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KelBelle, post: 143909
    U see, if we were paid sick pay then I would understand. But we're not.

I wouldnt have just not gone it knowing that they would be short staffed.

There was 3 spare nurses on friday. She normally loves it when we call in sick because she doesnt pay us for it

You definitely need to speak with her then - Legally you are entitled to the money you have already earnt (minus the sick day) and this should be paid in a timely manner on the dates agreed in your contract. If the money is late and this makes you incur bank charges, ie: mortgage goes out and leaves you overdrawn at the bank, etc. Then you can also put a claim into work to claim for any out of pocket expenses. I would explain (calmly) that your holiday payment is due today and that failure to have your money could incur additional expenses and ask for payment in cash if they can't get it sorted out and into your bank. BUT................. Stay calm Kel, take deep breaths before phoning and don't get into an argument, just be firm

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry kel i agree with your boss too MJ's death is no reason to not go to work.

id have a chat with her about your wages tho and id ask her why she didnt pay you too

hope you get it soon to pay yourr hols. let them know it will be a tad late tho just to keep them informed ok
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would appreciate an employee telling me that s/he was too distraught to work for any reason. Would I "understand" that the reason was the death of a celebrity? Probably not. :(

I'm wondering if she's had a report from someone at the office that you were unable to work, and were crying in the room all day? Perhaps, she is using that as a reason to not pay you?

I too would ask to speak with her privately. I'd state right up front that I realized that it's hard for anyone else to understand, but the loss of Michael Jackson has hit you harder than you thought possible. I'd assure her that you were doing your level best to get your emotions under control and would be to work when she expected you to be there (and able to work).

It's hard stuff, this working world. Never forget (no matter how much you like your supervisor or workplace) that it really all is based on performance and what you do for the "company."

Take care now and good luck with patching things up with your manager.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I really am upset for you Kelbelle. There is no excuse for not paying you the wages you earned. If your boss is questioning your work on Friday then she needed to speak with you about that BEFORE not paying you the entire salary. That is bad business practice and I'm not really sure that's legal. (here in the States anyway)

You warned her you weren't fit to work and tried to not show up. If she would have approached you in person on Friday and saw how upset you were maybe you 2 could have come to an understanding about working or there could have been some other work away from people you could have done for the day.

I think there's really no excuse she could give why you didn't get paid for the days you worked. Just not right!
    xxoo Rosie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast