Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the UK bit of epcot just a pub?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok ok I know there's a shop but there's nothing much else other than well a pub! Why do they think that's all there is to the UK or do you agree

What would you put in there? I think they should have a castle! or the london eye! or something more exciting.

what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    The UK section is much more than that. There are buildings, shops and a lovely garden. It's really good.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...gdom-pavilion/
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh! The UK has the music, the traveling actors, the lovely little butterfly/chrysalis box, the beautiful gardens (we love to sit 'round back) Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and friends... loads of things other than the pub!

I think it's one of the nicer spots in the World Showcase. It's built to represent some of the many forms of architecture seen in the UK. It's a lovely area for a picnic, too! (Down near the water). The outdoor seating with the little tables is public seating and great for a bit of a rest in the shade.

It's also the BEST place to be on NYE when it goes Midnight in the UK!!
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    its never just a pub you have the chip shop the houses opposite quite a bit there on the uk tbh
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    its our favourite place to go and have something to eat, watch the fireworks and chill out

I do think they could have something better though like paris and the tower

Post Thanks / Like
    France is nice too, that is true.

Actually, I really like all of the world showcase pavilions except for the US. I think that pavilion is the worst depiction of a very diverse country! Flat federal style, with emphasis only on Colonial America. Not good form in my opinion, and boring as all get out.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 143996
    France is nice too, that is true.

Actually, I really like all of the world showcase pavilions except for the US. I think that pavilion is the worst depiction of a very diverse country! Flat federal style, with emphasis only on Colonial America. Not good form in my opinion, and boring as all get out.
    I agree 100% with that Tink. There is SOOOOO much more to the US than the Colonial Period. I would think that they could even add a nice film about our country "From Sea to Shining Sea".

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I also find the UK very interesting.. yes.. there is the pub, but ther eis also a very nice shop.. I think it was nicer before, I remember getting a Paddington Bear when I was 10 in there... last time I went in it was basically Harry Potter merchandise...

There is also a perfume shop...

and the garden with a miniature laberynth is really well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 143980
    Oh gosh! The UK has the music, the traveling actors, the lovely little butterfly/chrysalis box, the beautiful gardens (we love to sit 'round back) Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and friends... loads of things other than the pub!

I think it's one of the nicer spots in the World Showcase. It's built to represent some of the many forms of architecture seen in the UK. It's a lovely area for a picnic, too! (Down near the water). The outdoor seating with the little tables is public seating and great for a bit of a rest in the shade.

It's also the BEST place to be on NYE when it goes Midnight in the UK!!
    I agree with Tink. It is one of the best areas in all of the WS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast