Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the UK bit of epcot just a pub?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok ok I know there's a shop but there's nothing much else other than well a pub! Why do they think that's all there is to the UK or do you agree

What would you put in there? I think they should have a castle! or the london eye! or something more exciting.

what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    The UK section is much more than that. There are buildings, shops and a lovely garden. It's really good.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...gdom-pavilion/
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh! The UK has the music, the traveling actors, the lovely little butterfly/chrysalis box, the beautiful gardens (we love to sit 'round back) Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and friends... loads of things other than the pub!

I think it's one of the nicer spots in the World Showcase. It's built to represent some of the many forms of architecture seen in the UK. It's a lovely area for a picnic, too! (Down near the water). The outdoor seating with the little tables is public seating and great for a bit of a rest in the shade.

It's also the BEST place to be on NYE when it goes Midnight in the UK!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    its never just a pub you have the chip shop the houses opposite quite a bit there on the uk tbh
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    its our favourite place to go and have something to eat, watch the fireworks and chill out

I do think they could have something better though like paris and the tower

Post Thanks / Like
    France is nice too, that is true.

Actually, I really like all of the world showcase pavilions except for the US. I think that pavilion is the worst depiction of a very diverse country! Flat federal style, with emphasis only on Colonial America. Not good form in my opinion, and boring as all get out.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 143996
    France is nice too, that is true.

Actually, I really like all of the world showcase pavilions except for the US. I think that pavilion is the worst depiction of a very diverse country! Flat federal style, with emphasis only on Colonial America. Not good form in my opinion, and boring as all get out.
    I agree 100% with that Tink. There is SOOOOO much more to the US than the Colonial Period. I would think that they could even add a nice film about our country "From Sea to Shining Sea".

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I also find the UK very interesting.. yes.. there is the pub, but ther eis also a very nice shop.. I think it was nicer before, I remember getting a Paddington Bear when I was 10 in there... last time I went in it was basically Harry Potter merchandise...

There is also a perfume shop...

and the garden with a miniature laberynth is really well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 143980
    Oh gosh! The UK has the music, the traveling actors, the lovely little butterfly/chrysalis box, the beautiful gardens (we love to sit 'round back) Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and friends... loads of things other than the pub!

I think it's one of the nicer spots in the World Showcase. It's built to represent some of the many forms of architecture seen in the UK. It's a lovely area for a picnic, too! (Down near the water). The outdoor seating with the little tables is public seating and great for a bit of a rest in the shade.

It's also the BEST place to be on NYE when it goes Midnight in the UK!!
    I agree with Tink. It is one of the best areas in all of the WS.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast