Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best moderate hotel at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed at both Caribbean and PORFQ. Both were very nice, but to be honest, CB is a bit big, we had a long walk to the themed pool and food court. You can't beat PORFQ in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    we realy liked port orleans riverside but coronada springs however you spell it lol was great too. it ws really nice at evening because we could walk round the lake

Post Thanks / Like
    We really liked POFQ with my 2 year old! It was the perfect size resort for traveling with a small child. THe rooms were really nice and I loved the look of the 'street's. The food court was good and the pool was the perfect size for the resort.

I really fell in love with CSR! I never thought twice about it but ended up booking there last March. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms will all be completly re-furbed by the Fall and have queen sized beds! The pool area is amazing!! Just amazing!! We even liked the PepperMarket. Thought it was fresh and huge portions! I just can't say enough nice things about CSR!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in the same situation at the moment. I cant choose! I loved Coronado last year, absolutely loved it. It is large but we had an ideal spot between the main pool and the main building. I want to try another mod next year but my problem with P.O is that it is too far from my favourite parks - AK and HS. I didnt like CBR a lot so I am lost as to what to choose. Yikes!

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    You can always stay at Coronado again. :D I so loved the Pepper Market....yum the nachos were so delicious, in fact, I ate them several times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 145500
    You can always stay at Coronado again. :D I so loved the Pepper Market....yum the nachos were so delicious, in fact, I ate them several times.
    I could but I so want to try somewhere different. I would love to try Port Orleans but the distance from the parks we spend so much time in is definitely an issue. I LOVED Pepper Market. It is such a good CS choice.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how that is, I definitely try different ones too. The Port Orleans resorts are closer to DTD, and do allow for a nice boat ride. :D But in the big scheme of things, one is not really too far from any of the parks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for POR, we stayed there in 2007 in one of the Mansion building (Oak Manor) it was lovely, the landscape is beautiful. We would definitely recommend this resort. :)

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 144080
    If you're staying there this Friday night and get a chance, drop by the River Roost lounge and see Yehaww Bob.
    He's there from 8:30 to midnite and a lot of fun.

Tom (... play it again, Sam!)
    We only caught a portion of his show but it was very funny! The lounge was packed and he had most everyone involved. Good stuff!

I would stay at the POR again. The grounds were beautiful and it made for a pleasant, although quite hot, bike ride. I was impressed with the selection of food at the food court. We got a very good steak salad. We had a corner room on the waterway. The rooms could stand a refurbish (paint, carpet, etc...also we could hear the toilet flush from either the room next door or above) but it was a good size and even included a small fridge and coffee maker. The only other thing we noticed was there were no towels at our quiet pool. I had to go looking for a castmember in order to get some towels. We were there for two hours and still no one ever brought a replenishment for the pool area. The castmembers were very nice here and we were even able to check into our room at 11am!!! I loved that.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 147359
    We only caught a portion of his show but it was very funny! The lounge was packed and he had most everyone involved. Good stuff!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Tom (... hey, you, where you from? Really! Me too!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast