Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best moderate hotel at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed at the CR and the Poly a number of times. And, truthfully, we prefer our moderate of choice, the Coronado Springs Resort (CSR). Unfortunately, we've had to cancel our trip this year due to the economy (and two rising college tuition bills for our boys), so we are not going to be able to see the newly rehabbed rooms until next year. But we love that the CSR has a "deluxe" feel with the queen beds, new decor. The CSR has the largest hot tub of all of the moderates (something the Poly does not even have), a great counter service in the Pepper Market, a sit down restaurant (Maya Grill), the new grab & go -- Cafe Rix, a fitness center/spa (I always get a massage), three quiet pools and a very romantic feel, especially at night walking through the courtyards of the Casitas. We've not stayed at any of the other moderates and the POFQ is the only other one we've even considered. We've visited them all, walked the grounds, eaten and shopped at them. We would rank them in this order: CSR, POFQ, POR and CBR.

For those of you have not seen the new rooms of the CSR, here are a few pictures:

Post Thanks / Like
    The only mod we ever stayed at was Dixie Landings, now POR. Alligator Bayou-we found it a little quieter than the rest of the place. Although I do like the theme of Caribbean Beach Resort!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're headed to POR in two weeks!! I've never stayed there, but have visited MANY times to see Piano Bob

Reading all these lovely reviews REALLY gets me excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 154891
    We're headed to POR in two weeks!! I've never stayed there, but have visited MANY times to see Piano Bob

Reading all these lovely reviews REALLY gets me excited!
    We'll be in Disney in 19 days!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're there 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! for good weather!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah!!! There hasn't been any hurricanes yet this year & I for one am hoping they stay FAR away!!!! You are staying at POR?....Have you put in a request? We stayed there a few times & loved Alligator Bayou-a bit of a walk to the main building but much quieter!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're at Wilderness Lodge for the first 3 nights and then transferring over to POR for the remaining 7 nights. Have not requested a building yet, but have heard others suggest AB, so I'll keep that in mind! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 154904
    We're at Wilderness Lodge for the first 3 nights and then transferring over to POR for the remaining 7 nights. Have not requested a building yet, but have heard others suggest AB, so I'll keep that in mind! Thanks

We've stayed at WL too!! Very relaxing lobby. I remember getting up early before the rest of the family & having my coffee while lounging on the leather chairs there!! We had a woods view room-looking at the pond-great location close to restaurant & boat launch. Very loud halls though-could hear everyones conversations!! But not noisy at night. We love the Poly though-only thing b/c it's more costly our trips are shorter. But when we take my mom (she's 81) monorail resorts are a blessing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading that you were taking your mother, that is FANTASTIC! The Poly is a BEAUTIFUL resort, I have a dear friend leaving Monday to celebrate her honeymoon there for 10 days. *sigh* Someday!

This will be my first stay at WL, so to read your description has me truly looking forward to it. I love my coffee, and I love my cozy settings...maybe I'll slip down to the lobby one morning! Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome...have a great trip!!! I know we are going to try!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast