Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite month to go to Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all long time no see :)

whats your favourite month to go to disney and why? we're looking at next years prices and thinking we may be able to stretch to another visit but really dont know much about the weather patterns or holidays or special events for each month

Post Thanks / Like
    We love October best. It's cooling down in terms of humidity, but still quite warm. The winter "iffy" weather hasn't started yet. We love the Food and Wine Festival, and it runs from mid September through mid November.

There are Halloween related events too, although we've yet to do any! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is something we keep thinking we need to do but haven't taken the time out of our lives to do it so far.

Christmas is a wonderful time too, but unless you plan on visiting prior to Thanksgiving or between Thanksgiving and Christmas the place is heaving with guests and that's always a challenge. Weather can vary from HOT to rainy and miserable too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love November. The weather is pleasant (usually). Not too hot or too chilly.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    we have only ever been in october so cant comment at any other time
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    October and November. The weather is more comfortable, the parks are less crowded, the prices are cheaper and the Food and Wine Festival is in full swing.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to visit during October, I love Halloween and want desperately to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival.

Post Thanks / Like
    We love going in December but, I would like to try October for the halloween activities too

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like September (although would love to visit during the Xmas holidays)

September is great, the crowds are really good, since most people went during the summer, the weather is still warm, but not as hot as during july/august..
    Its value season, so its cheaper
    Airline tickets are also cheaper if you buy them ahead of time

the only downside is that the parks close earlier...

Post Thanks / Like
    While I love the Christmas season, I really love to go in the October/November time frame. Food & Wine Festival is just about my favorite thing to do at WDW.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 143974
    I love November. The weather is pleasant (usually). Not too hot or too chilly.
    I am with Donna! Well not literally, but yes, we love the Thanksgiving period despite the larger crowds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast