Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have the worst dentist in the world...

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Booked an appointment for today to see if she can do anything about these wisdom teeth.

They are really REALLY sore, and I am living on pain killers at the minute. My upper 2nd molar is quite wobbly and painful and I think that my wisdom tooth is growing underneath it, very painful, and I get a sharp pain, like something stabbing my teeth, if I chew on that side of my mouth.

I lie down on her chair and she starts poking around my gums asking if they hurt... no.. they don't, so she pokes around my molars and I scream bloody murder. She has a look and I explain that it is wobbly and that I think my wisdom tooth is growing below the molar, she ignores this and carries on poking. She tells me that she can't do anything for me as she can't see my wisdom teeth and that all I have is a chip in my tooth!! I'm no dentist, but the pain is at the root of my tooth, not the actual tooth! I tell her about the amount of pain killers I'm taking and how it's not healthy, she prescribes me stronger ANTI-BIOTICS (Can someone please explain how those are going to help with pain relief when there is no infection ) and says to book an appt for next week to have the chip sorted.

I need to find a new dentist!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief! Yes, you do need another dentist and pronto!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The waiting lists for dentists in this area are ridiculous! Going to go to the emergency dentist on Saturday.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez. Well, I hope the emergency dentist can help!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i suspect the antibiotics are to stop you getting an abcess

don't get me started on dentists..............

Post Thanks / Like
    No words of wisdom from me Josh, just a

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, dentists....I go to an office here which has two dentists. I start seeing one and he immediately wants to remove my wisdom teeth. I say, they are not bothering me and I have had them for at least 5-6 years. Doesn't matter he says, they need to come out, especially since on of them has a cavity. He keeps pushing me on the subject every time I come in for a cleaning (3-4 year).

One day I had enough and switched to the other dentist in the office. He tells me not a problem, why take them out if they are not bothering you and if he can he will just fill the cavity. I love this guy!! I also just finished a few weeks ago with my first root canal and I didn't feel a thing!! My cleanings are usually worse. This guys is a professional!

Hope you get what you need Josh.P. from the emergency dentist.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    that's just crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to a dentist is no fun in the first place (at least in my opinion), but to have one that does not appear to listen to you the patient, is ridiculous....find another josh, find another

Post Thanks / Like
    Third world dentist situation in the UK... utterly bliddy ridiculous!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast