Thread: would you get a new job in this economy?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so Im fedup depressed and unhappy. Work stinks and a manageress from hell in fact i dont think hell would have her

so i feel like resigning but wont because i need the money but family are saying dont swap jobs because last in first out in this economy :(

im not sure how much longer i can put up with it though :( what would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on what industry & market you are in. There are still fields out there that are doing fine. It doesn't hurt to look while still at your current job.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Disney Freak. If jobs in your field are relatively easy to find then yes I would be tempted to move on to get away from the problems.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you not deal with the problem rather than change your job? Does your company have a complaints procedure where you can go over her head to complain about her?

Post Thanks / Like
    My poor hubby is starting his 5th week of unemployment, its not a good time to be looking for a job, he has various skills in quite a few fields but there is nothing out there. I read in the paper a while ago that there are as many as 375 people per job applications in some cases!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that it doesnt hurt to look...

if you get something else, yei!! if you dont, then you will gain a new appreciattion for the job you have, hell manageress and all

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal philosophy with regard to problems in the workplace has always been that if I can't fix it (and let's face it, sometimes you cannot fix it) I start looking for new employment.

Depending upon the reason you are hired in the new position, would have some bearing on the potential for longevity in that position. Is it a newly created position? Is it a critically needed position? Is it a position that is required by policy or law, or some other regulation? Is it a long term company? Those sorts of questions might help you to sort out whether a potential new position has viability.

Good luck to you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly wouldn't let the economy prevent me from looking for a new job if I was unhappy. I wouldn't get upset and quit either. Well I wouldn't quit until I had a new job regardless of the economy.

Good luck to you!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been "laid off" my job at the moment and have been seen the middle of May now and looking for other work till I go back is a nightmare for me at the moment. Their isn't a lot of jobs going about at the moment. I have a holiday in September to go on and find it really hard to get the money together for that.
    You could still look for work while your still working, but certainly don't leave till you find something else.

I which you luck with it all!

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with others, it certainly won't hurt to start looking around for a new job if you are unhappy and can't resolve the reason for this at your current workplace. I wouldn't however leave before finding something as it is pretty bad out there. I hope you get things sorted and are soon feeling happier.

Mandy, I hadn't realised you were out of work right now - sending you big and hope you get something soon