Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmarts?

Post Thanks / Like
    we're hoping to stay onsite but will want to try walmart. Is there a list of which ones are closest and which ones are biggest? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm sure if you do a google search you will come up with the addresses and locations of a number of the nearby Walmarts.

I'll warn you away from one though. The newest one on Turkey Lake Road in the Dr. Phillips area is terrible (in my humble opinion of course!). It's messy, overpriced and very shoddy merchandise.

The one at Sand Lake and John Young has been around for years, but seems to be a better choice. Wider variety and better prices. Also, if you have that hire car and want to drive just a tiny bit (not far at all from AKL area) you can go to the one on north 27. It's new (ish) clean and has a small but nice selection of UK food products. It has a nice section of WDW licensed merchandise too.

Since it caters to both locals and visitors the prices are more fair than at other Walmarts closer to Disney that cater more specifically to visitors.

Did that help in the least bit, or was it just so much natter? :o

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Did someone mention WALMART?

I just love that name.:p015:
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to a Walmart. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 5029
    I've never been to a Walmart. :sigh;
    That makes two of us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 4994
    the one on north 27. It's new (ish) clean and has a small but nice selection of UK food products. It has a nice section of WDW licensed merchandise too.
    Since it caters to both locals and visitors the prices are more fair than at other Walmarts closer to Disney that cater more specifically to visitors.

Did that help in the least bit, or was it just so much natter? :o
    It helped me!

Good to know this one is ok 'cos it's the one we'll be using in oh, 80 days :207:
    :p015:

Jodie

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! I expect a full merchandise report please. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    There's one not far from WDW on SR535. Smaller than the one on John Young at Sand Lake, and not as well stocked, from what I remember. I didn't do a supply run on my March 2007 visit and I wasn't part of the supply run last December. It was too hard to load everyone and the baby in the car--and I really didn't want to go shopping, anyway!

Tink, feel free to correct my location or chime in if it's one of the locations you mentioned. My knowledge is very touristy--I can get there, but my directions stink! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 5270
    Cool! I expect a full merchandise report please. :D
    Will do, Will do, I'm also gonna take my camera phone in and take pics when no staff are looking!

:)

Jodie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 4961
    we're hoping to stay onsite but will want to try walmart. Is there a list of which ones are closest and which ones are biggest? thanks
    I have been to the Walmart next to medieval times. It was good and big. :D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast