Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long before leaving do you start packing???

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I mention that I was obsessive? If we go to Florida in early spring then I start looking at clothes for Ty a couple months before we leave and throw what does fit and is fit to take if you know what I mean! But shampoo and extra tylenol, sunscreen ect. If it's our ski trip, usually 1 week prior to pack all the food and plan menus. Anywhere else 3 to 4 days. This trip to Disney, we will still be wearing our summer clothes here. A first!!! Although it can be turning cool by then too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually putting things in the case mabe two weeks before, but I never finish properly till about an hour before we go...I can't seem to get finalised before then! I also don't like things sitting in the case folded for too long...I have this "thing" that they'll crease more, even though I know it's the throwing the cases around on our travels that do that!

I do however pack in my head ages before, if you know what I mean! I have already gone through what I'll take to Paris, and what I need to look out for in the shops and buy, and have mostly done that for the Maldives too...I ask Mr Deb what he'll be taking and he just looks at me as if I'm stoopid as it hasn't crossed him mind to think about it

Post Thanks / Like
    The day before here. Although Donna does keep the toiletries bag pretty well packed most of the time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to start about 1 week in advance. Although I have a whole bag of vacation 'stuff' that it always put away in the same place that I just need to grab. It's got glow sticks and travel fans and lanyards in it.

But recently my dog has been freaking out when we take the suitcases out. Even if it's just one of us going away (obviously she doesn't know the difference) she's a mess. So I usually make piles of clothes and get the suitcases out as late as possible. It's wierd too cause we don't leave her in a kennel. She just goes to my Dad's house. She's a nutcase though so I feel badly for her.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually pack a couple weeks prior to going, but before then I am getting the extra stuff around (sunscreen, meds, etc). I organize a lot, you know, which shorts with which shirts.

I miss Disney.

Post Thanks / Like
    As John mentioned, we are last minute packers. Now, I do get the itinerary, tickets, etc., all gathered up in advance. Make sure I have plenty of charged batteries for the camera, etc. But I usually wait until the night before to pack clothes.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 144925
    I try to start about 1 week in advance. Although I have a whole bag of vacation 'stuff' that it always put away in the same place that I just need to grab. It's got glow sticks and travel fans and lanyards in it.

But recently my dog has been freaking out when we take the suitcases out. Even if it's just one of us going away (obviously she doesn't know the difference) she's a mess. So I usually make piles of clothes and get the suitcases out as late as possible. It's wierd too cause we don't leave her in a kennel. She just goes to my Dad's house. She's a nutcase though so I feel badly for her.
    Lord above, I thought that it was just my crazy dog!! last time he jumped on my kitchen table to try to get out the window, mind you Sabre is about 100 pounds of fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually start packing about a month before we go, the lists start about 6wks before! Im terrible for lists - and if its not on there chances are its forgotten! (unless its the obvious stuff like clothes haha!).
    Dont bother taking smellies anymore though, usually buy all of that when we get there!

Post Thanks / Like
    about a week here
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldnt leave it that late - i get quite obsessed about it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12