Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just booked our flight to Disney and i can't believe the taxes and surcharges they add on these days Our air fare came to 372.00 and the fees were almost $130.00, that didn't include baggage fees ! What rubbish!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't it make you want to spit! Or WALK? The fees are ridiculous anymore. Renting a car at an airport is the same way. If we rent offsite, the fees are reduced dramatically. That's all well and good, IF you don't need to have the car when you land (as I do for work all the time).

Money grubbers. That's what it feels like to me anyway. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    MY mom bought my grandma a plane ticket with United a few weekends ago. Mom had to pay $40 in checked bag fees and then they lost my grandma's suitcase. Still hasn't been found. It had her address book in it, all of Alysia's pictures, some of her announcements, etc in there. It really makes me mad that they had to pay for that privilege.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 144815
    Doesn't it make you want to spit! Or WALK? The fees are ridiculous anymore. Renting a car at an airport is the same way. If we rent offsite, the fees are reduced dramatically. That's all well and good, IF you don't need to have the car when you land (as I do for work all the time).

Money grubbers. That's what it feels like to me anyway. :(
    Take your pick of emotions! Just the same as flushing it down the toilet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 144824
    MY mom bought my grandma a plane ticket with United a few weekends ago. Mom had to pay $40 in checked bag fees and then they lost my grandma's suitcase. Still hasn't been found. It had her address book in it, all of Alysia's pictures, some of her announcements, etc in there. It really makes me mad that they had to pay for that privilege.
    I bet they certainley felt privileged! poor Grandma! I hope they find it soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's completely crazy! What I really hate are the websites which display the fares without taxes and extras until the very last screen so you think oooo theyre MUCH cheaper but noooooo
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    from the UK the tax is around 200 per person - approx $300 for transatlantic flights.

Post Thanks / Like
    NO WAY!! REALLY? THAT'S TERRIBLE< YOU MUST REALLLY LOVE THE MOUSE!

Post Thanks / Like
    When are you going Tinkfan? I am looking at airfare now for Nov/Dec and it's too high for my liking. I figure I can wait a bit though.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 144918
    When are you going Tinkfan? I am looking at airfare now for Nov/Dec and it's too high for my liking. I figure I can wait a bit though.
    Rosie, We're going Sept.26= Oct.4. The best deals were from Airtran, try checking there. The flights were only $62,00 per person each way but and additional $130. in taxes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast