Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, these are written like stories because several years ago I was asked to submit them to a site that was putting together a compilation.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so interesting! At least he was polite. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    He reminded me of Mr Burns on The Simpsons - but this was in 1988...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm definitely inviting Donna to my next sleepover... she's fabulous!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Donna!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Everyone's accounts of ghosts are amazing!!!

I'm a believer. I've had a few experiences over the years, and know many people who have too. I remember when I left home when I was 18 and moved into my first flat - it was an awful place. Anyway, things just kept disappearing, then turning up. I vividly remember I'd been shopping, and put the butter into a cupboard as the fridge hadn't been delivered yet. I made some toast, went to get the butter, and it wasn't there. As I knew for certain I'd put it there I was baffled. Two hours later, I went back into the same cupboard and there was the butter - what was really freaky was that it was icy cold as if it had just come out of a freezer...and it was the middle of Summer in a very warm room. This has happened to me a lot since (no, I'm not just scatterbrained ) and I have learned to not look for things at this time - they turn up if I don't get wound up about it.

When I lived in my 200 year old house in Cumbria I used to clearly hear an old lady say my name, "Deborah". It wasn't a voice in my head, it was definitely a voice coming from the room around me.

My ex and I stayed with about 20 people in a very old barn conversion for a long weekend. This was a place with a lot of history, and a lot of original furniture. Everyone went home while we were staying on our own for one more night. We both glanced up at the gallery landing at the same time and saw a figure come from the wall and disappear again where the gallery balustrade started. We both knew no-one else was there but went up to check anyway. Sure enough, no one, and no rooms there either. The ex had to go outside to bring in firewood soon after that, and had the distinct feeling someone was there with him - though of course he recognised that he may have been so spooked that he may just have been making himself feel that.

My sister lost a baby quite early on in her pregnancy. A few years later when she'd had another, my niece was about 4 years old then, she started to get a lot of disruptive activity in the house, sort of mild poltergeist stuff, muschevious more than harmful, and always when my niece and her were together. Eventually she asked someone who knows about these things to come and have a look. This lady asked her if she'd lost a child. She reckoned it was DS baby who just wanted to be part of the family, and to let DS acknowledge him. She told her to have a chat to him, let him know she cared, and she'd never forget him, and that he didn't need to do those things for that to be true. Since the moment she did that nothing like that has ever happened again, and she still lives there. She sometimes says Hi to him, and so do I when I pop to see her!

I've visited Muncaster Castle in Cumbria many times. Once when it was quiet and I was looking at one the portraits I saw a figure flashing by my eyes. I looked round and the owner of the castle was there (as he often was, it's their home just as much as a place to visit) and he said to me "Don't worry, that was Old Tom". Hmmm.

Since we moved in here, electric switches that were on get somehow switched off (not the other way round thank goodness, but we don't leave anything potentially dangerous, like the iron, plugged into the socket just in case). At first we were accusing each other of being forgetful, but it has now happened too many times to be that.

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess if i saw one id be a believer until then im gonna sit on this uncomfy fence :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great to read other peoples ghost stories and it makes me believe even more than I already do that life does go on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 146701
    i guess if i saw one id be a believer until then im gonna sit on this uncomfy fence :)
    Hope there's no barbed wire on top of it Mick :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 146708
    Hope there's no barbed wire on top of it Mick :D
    if there is deb i cant feel it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast