Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quite cross with VA

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok my main reason for booking uc is for Beths comfort but the perks are nice. We have lost 4 perks of flying UC
    1 UC lounge is closed for refurb, will get V room
    2 No nice cooked brekkie, just a bacon rool
    3 no treatment
    4 possibly lower luggage allowance. Ok would not use the amount we were given but nice not to have to worry about rhe weight on the way home.
    Surley they have broken their contract.

Post Thanks / Like
    They should give you a partial refund, if not because of legal reasons, just for gratuities sakes!

I suppose it is written into the contract somewhere that it is subject to change!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 145778
    They should give you a partial refund, if not because of legal reasons, just for gratuities sakes!

I suppose it is written into the contract somewhere that it is subject to change!
    Yes i bet they have all the i's dotted and the T's crossed

Post Thanks / Like
    i would be very cheesed off, did you get them cheap because of this? i would have thought they could have had an agreement with another airline for the club house at the very least

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 145779
    Yes i bet they have all the i's dotted and the T's crossed
    Did they make you aware of the lack of UC lounge and so on when you booked? I'd think if they didn't then even if they did have loads of t&cs, they'd have to offer you a refund OR some compensation.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no that is seriously disappointing for :( Hugs hun XXXXXXXXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Id definately contact them and see what they say, they cant charge you all that money and then take things away expecting you to pay the same amount its not right.
    Very disappointing for you all

Post Thanks / Like
    When we booked we were told it was uc lounge and about treatments. They are offering the V room instead. All these changes have taken place since we booked our flights. They have not notified us of any changes. We have just found out from forums and by looking on their web page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 145980
    When we booked we were told it was uc lounge and about treatments. They are offering the V room instead. All these changes have taken place since we booked our flights. They have not notified us of any changes. We have just found out from forums and by looking on their web page.
    I'd definitely contact them and say you're not happy and ask what they're going to do? I don't necessarily believe that the lounge/treatment is fundamental enough in terms of the contract to be able to get a refund in law, though I'm guessing you wouldn't want one anyway since you need to get there somehow! I do think though that they should offer you some compensation since clearly the alternatives offered are of lesser value than what you booked!

Especially these days where it's PE and UC that really make the airline viable, I'd expect them to want to make you happy somehow. I'd guess their immediate thought would be to compensate airmiles but I'd want something tangible. Onboard spending money or something?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 145982
    I'd definitely contact them and say you're not happy and ask what they're going to do? I don't necessarily believe that the lounge/treatment is fundamental enough in terms of the contract to be able to get a refund in law, though I'm guessing you wouldn't want one anyway since you need to get there somehow! I do think though that they should offer you some compensation since clearly the alternatives offered are of lesser value than what you booked!

Especially these days where it's PE and UC that really make the airline viable, I'd expect them to want to make you happy somehow. I'd guess their immediate thought would be to compensate airmiles but I'd want something tangible. Onboard spending money or something?
    Thanks Keith, i will call them on monday. Will let you know how i go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast