Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muffled ears help

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had muffled ears now for the last 3 days. What can i do for it :(

Post Thanks / Like
    hold your nose and exhale out of nostrils at same time . If you hear crackling , its opening . Give it a bit, be careful if they open quickly it may scare you and might hurt for a second . I've jumped !!!
    My ears are so sensitive anymore especially when I fly . Down right pain as we are landing . Earplugs hurt !!! I have to take my fingers and hold my lobes shut tightly . Real loud noise, forget it !

Post Thanks / Like
    have you had a cold or something lately? some of my family had muffled hearing following 'viruses' and just had to wait for it to go away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 146028
    have you had a cold or something lately? some of my family had muffled hearing following 'viruses' and just had to wait for it to go away.
    No been well. Off to try Tinker, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudafed from any pharmacy or supermarket. Works every time for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be wax. Better off seeing a doctor, don't want to be poking about in ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 146068
    Could be wax. Better off seeing a doctor, don't want to be poking about in ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I often get this with my ears after being in a pool. When I was around 11 I had it when I was on holiday in Turkey, they syringed my ears and they where great for a few years. Now I have the same problem but not as severe whenever I get water in my ears or go in a pool. Having them syringed was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. I had ear problems for a few years on and off before I went to turkey, and lets just say there was obviously a few years 'build-up'. I had a little tray under my ear and a sick bucket by my mouth because I was so disgusted!

The best way to get rid of it is to just wait- it's such a pain. Mine always 'un-muffle' at the most random of times and EVERYTHING seems really really loud! I have tried to get mine syringed at my doctors since and they won't- they say that doing it lowers your bodies natural ability to clear them of wax themselves.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    good old earex from the chemist, works for me

Post Thanks / Like
    if it's a new thing i would get it checked out by a doc first, can't be too careful with ears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast