Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muffled ears help

Post Thanks / Like
    Warm olive oil is always recommended by my daughters doctors (she has to have her ears suctioned ever 3 months they're so bad!).
    Warm up some olive oil and dip some cotton wool in it. Then just place the cotton wool in your ear for 10-15 minutes. The Oil is meant to soften any wax build up and the heat help to melt the wax so it becomes 'un-plugged'.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's a new condition, definitely check with your doctor before doing anything drastic.

Gross as it sounds, it's quite likely built-up ear wax. Like Josh, I've had issues when swimming most of my life until my 20s--then nothing until about five years ago. Doctor recommended purchasing one of those earwax removal kits and using it periodically to minimize the problem. I use it about twice a year and haven't had any more problems.

It also can be caused by water in the ears from showering--Uncle Art had an issue with that. Apparently, we aren't able to dry the interior of our ears sufficiently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your tips everyone. Thankfully it seems much better today. DH gave me some strange looks yesterday when he seen me holding my nostrils and blowing through them :Lol:. Not sure what was going on but seems much better thankfully

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly i have very muffled ears again. I have been to the doctors and they say they look fine and to go back if no better in two weeks. I hope they clear up before that as getting me down now :(. They said if they do not clear i will have to have earing tests done.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no, i know how you feel - i am *constantly* having to try and unblock my ears, something to do with my sinuses......it's just one of those things. it is horrible, hope it clears for you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    It really does get you down as you feel a bit doped up when you can't hear don't you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Its horrible feeling, little better today thankfully

Post Thanks / Like
    isn't it , may be allergies ! Helly's advice is right on too . Some sort of allergy medication .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12