Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is upgrading to premium economy worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Weve always travelled in economy with virgin and its ok but last time it was really noisy, is premium economy worth the price and what price would it be?

Post Thanks / Like
    TBH I wouldn't pay it as I don't think you get much more for your money, I would rather save the money and have it for spending money while i'm there. :)

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    And I disagree :) We always opt for PE now... it means alot to us to have the extra room, we get priority check in, so less of a line, we get more baggage allowance, champagne on boarding although that doesn't really swing it for us. It's definitely the extra room and more comfortable seats for us and on the way back home you don't feel guilty reclining to sleep all the way home because you know you're not cramping the people behind you.

Post Thanks / Like
    At the end of the day its personal choice really, everyone is different and will have different views on this. :)

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    we've done both and its hard for me because I'd say pe is a lot nicer but not really worth the extra you have to pay so I think for us if we have the spare money we'd do it but not if it meant cutting back on anything else

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt do it on the flight out but i would for the flight back if we could afford it. We do twilight check-in so theres not much queuing for that anyway and we arent tired on the way out. But, on the way back its much better cus you dont have a huuge check in queue, the seats are much bigger and the extra legroom makes it more comfy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 146237
    I wouldnt do it on the flight out but i would for the flight back if we could afford it. We do twilight check-in so theres not much queuing for that anyway and we arent tired on the way out. But, on the way back its much better cus you dont have a huuge check in queue, the seats are much bigger and the extra legroom makes it more comfy!
    yeah what Kate said !

HOWEVER, there's a recent twist if you're travelling from Manchester airport where there isn't a twilight checkin.

You now have to either check in online OR at electronic terminals when you get there. Then everyone in economy ends up in the same huge queue! no more days of checking in online and getting into a tiny queue :(

So, all of a sudden the premium economy dedicated check in desk starts looking a LOT nicer
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    But I hear that Virgin are now thinking of reducing the PE baggage allowance too :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 146244
    But I hear that Virgin are now thinking of reducing the PE baggage allowance too :(
    They've already done it crayola :( comes into effect in September. Down to 23KG same as economy now :( yet another virgin cut

Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup

Post Thanks / Like
    well it depends how much it is to upgrade, we've been spoilt in the last couple of years and upgraded but for very minimal cost- 100 each for BA and about 70 on our flights to Thailand last year. I'm really not looking forward to economy this summer- although delta has 2" more leg room than other economy so shouldn't be too bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast