Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You favourite disney resort and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok everyone, if you could stay at any disney resort which one would you pick and why?

I know everyone could say the grand floridian but I just love all star movies for the excitement and atmosphere

I may split the stay with the grand floridian main building concierge though

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Wilderness Lodge. I love the themeing. I stayed there last year and it was everything that I had hoped it would be. (however, they could use a better food court).

Post Thanks / Like
    polynesian for me it just looks so calm

Post Thanks / Like
    We love The Wilderness Lodge too, as it suits us down to the ground, however as Iíve not stayed at all the resorts I donít know if any others would be better. I would love to stay at the Beach club one day. I think it will suit me and DH as we love Epcot and DHS. My kids are still at the stage of loving the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Magic</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, so itís nicer to be closer to there. I also love the look of the Port Orleans resorts. We booked the French quarter once but ended up back at the Wilderness lol. I think if we werenít doing the Wilderness we would do the French Quarter or the Animal Kingdom. The mono rail resorts always look so busy to me.
    My youngest loves the look of the Pop century resort, but now that the kids are older, Iím not sure the rooms would be big enough. I wish we had stayed there when the kids were little and not off site.

Iím not a huge fan of the Gran Floridian though. Itís a bit too chintzy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow a lot of Wilderness lodge fans here

Me too! We first stayed at the wilderness lodge when we got married at the Wedding pavilion at Christmas time so it always has a special meaning to us.

That aside though, the peacefullness, the great all in one hotel, the boat across to the magic kingdom all help make this a GREAT resort.

I do wish the food court was considerably better but we don't use it much so we're ok.

Other than that, I love the Contemporary MK view tower rooms. It's great to lie in bed falling asleep watching the castle change colours
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    pop century because its new, really close to epcot and mgm, cheap so we can spend our money on other things and really nice

Post Thanks / Like
    AKL! I love the theming of this resort. Next would be the Polynesian.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    My father used to take me as a child and we stayed at Contemporary. So this is my favorite childhood memory of resorts. I'm really excited that we're going to French Quarter, but I think that, even though I haven't had opportunity to check it out yet, I would pick Beach Club as my ultimate favorite. Location to Boardwalk, Epcot, DHS and pool sounds irresistible :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Beach Club for me. I love the laid back feel of this resort. Cape May for buffet meals and also character breakfasts. Yachtsman Steakhouse for the best steaks I've ever had. Stormalong Bay, surely the best pool in all of Disney resorts, the proximity of HS and Epcot and lastly the evening stroll round the Boardwalk and watching the entertainment

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    cant answer that as ive only been to the boardwalk for a couple of ours one evening.. looked superb tho
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast