Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: are you worried about swine flu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what l was going to post No,not at all. But just reading Michelles and Joshs' posts l would be worried if l was them with Beth and Niamh. So this is for you both
    For my family no l am not worried . In my bubble world it's just a cold/flu thing and the chances of it being fatel are slim. But i have just had my bubble burst by the above posts and l feel cross with myself for not thinking how it could affect others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 146337
    Me too! I worry about being ill in general before Sept.
    Me too Its my usual terrified of illness or injury in the next 6 weeks time, or the three after that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 146497
    Do you know what l was going to post No,not at all. But just reading Michelles and Joshs' posts l would be worried if l was them with Beth and Niamh. So this is for you both
    For my family no l am not worried . In my bubble world it's just a cold/flu thing and the chances of it being fatel are slim. But i have just had my bubble burst by the above posts and l feel cross with myself for not thinking how it could affect others.
    Thanks hun . I am trying to keep my worries contained but it is bothering me slightly. Beth always gets her flu jab in October and i will be getting this one for her when available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most definately I would be worried if I had little ones, the elderly or anyone with an impaired immune system. Can't take any chances with them!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am worried about it has it is in my area at the moment.
    It was at a local school last week but they said they didn't have to close the school until 30% of the school had go it.

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 146341
    Nope, not worried. I figure if I'm meant to die, I will...regardless of the cause.
    Ditto!

I was a bit scared when they cancelled school, closed shopping malls, restaurants and cinemas and basically had everyone with face masks and lysol bottles everywhere...

BUT... there are so many diseases, illnesses, accidents, etc... you CANNOT live your life worried about the flu... its just too draining

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 146529
    Me too Its my usual terrified of illness or injury in the next 6 weeks time, or the three after that

Stay away from me then. We have been told today there are 5 confirmed cases in the office I work in!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    done 30 scripts today just for swine flu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I worry for my Mum and my Niece as they both have compromised immune systems. My Mum was poorly a few weeks back, so much so that we had to call the out of hours doctor.

When he arrived 5 hours later (bearing in mind her initial symptoms were like Meningitis and that's what they were querying) the first thing he asked about was swine flu. Turned out to be a flu type virus thank goodness.

Jamie came home from school yesterday and said 2 pupils and a teacher had it, I called the school and they didn't know anything about it. I'm sure if a teacher had it they'd know wouldn't they? Jamie says he overheard 2 other teachers talking about it.

I will be keeping a close eye on Mum as she was poorly again the other day and had to be taken to hospital by ambulance for a suspected stroke which thank goodness the doctor is sure it was not.

Mum's feeling quite fragile now so will be susceptible (?) to illness.

So for the short answer, yes I am quite worried!

Post Thanks / Like
    you're west midlands aren't you Tracy?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast