Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: are you worried about swine flu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 148803
    you're west midlands aren't you Tracy?

east midlands julie .....we,ve been doing scripts for birmingham for the last two weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    we have someone at work with it suspected but people that were with her the day before all day on a course seem fine so that's good.

Post Thanks / Like
    we did a script today for someone who actually lives in my street
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    A teacher in Beth's school has been confirmed with swine flu :( . I suppose it was always going to happen but so worrying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 149475
    A teacher in Beth's school has been confirmed with swine flu :( . I suppose it was always going to happen but so worrying.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    oh blimey - someone at my sisters work has it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasnt worried before, but as news reports more cases i have to admit that im now getting worried - not for myself but for DD (who is 2 1/2).
    I think the thing that is bothering me is that they are now reporting people to have died that havent been ill before they contracted it - especially the little 6yr old girl who was diagnosed with tonsilitis. The Dr didnt pick up on it and didnt give her the injection.

Can i just ask (excuse the stupidness but ive tried not to read about all of it) but if you go to the Dr's with anything that resembles swine flu, do they give you the injection against it just incase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 149546
    I wasnt worried before, but as news reports more cases i have to admit that im now getting worried - not for myself but for DD (who is 2 1/2).
    I think the thing that is bothering me is that they are now reporting people to have died that havent been ill before they contracted it - especially the little 6yr old girl who was diagnosed with tonsilitis. The Dr didnt pick up on it and didnt give her the injection.

Can i just ask (excuse the stupidness but ive tried not to read about all of it) but if you go to the Dr's with anything that resembles swine flu, do they give you the injection against it just incase?
    Hi Kate,

They are advising people NOT to go to the doctors but get someone else to go for you and collect a prescription for Tamiflu.

I wasn't too worried before but am starting to get more so, as 2 people have now died here who had no underlying health problems.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if these two people that have died had an underlying health condition that they had not realised. Its all very scarrey. I wonder what will happen here if i got sick, no one would want to come to the house so who would care for Beth :(. I guess dh would need to get on with it but she is 17 and does not want her dad to see her bits.

Post Thanks / Like
    the vaccination will not be available until at least August so there is no injection- only tamiflu which blocks the virus from reproducing (if i think right_ it's not perfect and like any medication it has it's side effects so not suitable for everyone and it shorteds the life of the illness by only 1-2 days. A coworker of mine was confirmed with it last week and is wanting to return to work now having just had a mild illness. Please try not to panic, look at the website link i posted above for the official news. (health protection agency). From my point of view it looks like things are well under control as much as possible with something like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast