Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airline etiquette?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a curve in my spine. I cannot sit bolt upright for 9 hours. I have to tilt back a bit sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always more worried about how small the seats themselves are getting

I realize after 2 kids that I am getting a bit bigger, but not that big..and not that fast either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 147017
    And we could certainly use more politeness in this world that we all share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 147014
    Yep. See? There are always multiple, differing perspectives that are just as valid as the next.

Really, it all boils down to being polite, doesn't it?
    absolutely!

I wouldn't deny anybody the right to recline but please, just be polite about it and think of the people behind you that are affected by your actions

(P.S. that's just a general remark, not aimed at anybody here!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by princess-pink, post: 146595
    Sorry ukwdwnut, should only be allowed at sleep/night time, when someone puts their seat in my face its too close to watch the tv screen, so then that forces me to recline into someone else which I am not happy to do & which is not fair on them, it's like a row of dominos, one sets the rest off.

Seems most people on here have my thoughts dvcjane, johnie, crayola, simonwebbe, mumof2.

Would be better if the seats were fixed then we would be all in the same boat (well plane!)

People are just so selfish and rude, I remember coming back from a skiing trip on a bus with a broken arm, my best friend and her husband sat in the front seat which was infront of me, she reclined her seat into my plastered up arm, when I asked her to sit up her reply was 'ooh I can't I need to stretch out, my legs are all cramped' and she had all that extra room infront of her!

Can i just ask that you think sometimes. Some people for medical reasons may need to be in recline. We always have to recline dd once in the air as she has no sitting ability at all. Sadly days of economy and i think flying after this year are over for her. I always let the person behind know we have to recline her and if there are a number of us with always ask for a family member to sit there. Can i also say just because bulhead seating on some flight look like they have better leg room the actually do not. You do not get the chance is you are able to stretch your legs right out. Yes they are fine for me being 5ft 4inches but no good for someone over 6 ft. My uncle actually moved last time he flew with me.

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no 'one-size-fits-all' answer to this, except that courtesey and consideration will generally smooth over most problems... I am well over 6' and can't manage the default-upright position for more than an hour or two. So I recline, and will try to accommodate the people behind me. When flying with a family group, usually 6 of us, we always try to book seats that lie behind each other, and ideally at the start or end of a run, so that I can recline in my shorter relatives' faces!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading another forum once when this topic got really out of hand and nasty, its lovely to see that everyone here can talk about things like this without shouting at each other

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 147277
    Can i just ask that you think sometimes. Some people for medical reasons may need to be in recline. We always have to recline dd once in the air as she has no sitting ability at all. Sadly days of economy and i think flying after this year are over for her. I always let the person behind know we have to recline her and if there are a number of us with always ask for a family member to sit there. Can i also say just because bulhead seating on some flight look like they have better leg room the actually do not. You do not get the chance is you are able to stretch your legs right out. Yes they are fine for me being 5ft 4inches but no good for someone over 6 ft. My uncle actually moved last time he flew with me.
    I agree, Michelle.

I have to recline DS seat as following complex spinal surgery he cannot sit upright for 9 hours and sadly I can't afford to upgrade to PE/UCS every time. I totally object to the person behind thinking they have the right to repeatedly kick/push his seat...this has happened on more than one occasion.

I will recline mine at times during the flight just to change position but always sit upright at mealtimes.

This is always a hot topic of debate and we are all entitled to our point of view

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by princess-pink, post: 146595
    Sorry ukwdwnut, should only be allowed at sleep/night time, when someone puts their seat in my face its too close to watch the tv screen, so then that forces me to recline into someone else which I am not happy to do & which is not fair on them, it's like a row of dominos, one sets the rest off.

Seems most people on here have my thoughts dvcjane, johnie, crayola, simonwebbe, mumof2.

Would be better if the seats were fixed then we would be all in the same boat (well plane!)

People are just so selfish and rude, I remember coming back from a skiing trip on a bus with a broken arm, my best friend and her husband sat in the front seat which was infront of me, she reclined her seat into my plastered up arm, when I asked her to sit up her reply was 'ooh I can't I need to stretch out, my legs are all cramped' and she had all that extra room infront of her!

If you are going to mention me as agreeing with you then please get it right. I said I thought people shouldn't put the seat back on domestic flights (since that is the only way I have travelled). The flights I take are less than 2 hours at a pop. I have NOT flown internationally and I can't imagine being cramped up in the little space and not reclining. I would actually be walking the aisles cause I cannot sit still that long period.

I also said that there are plenty of people with disabilities and other medical reasons who may need to recline so the airlines really should have some sort of disability seating to accomodate people.

I can certainly see all points of view on this subject. I however think politeness and courtesy for one's neighbor are all together lacking in this society. I wouldn't mind someone reclining so much if they gave me a heads up that they were going to do it. I don't like being beaten in the head (which happened to my DD) because someone just flipped back withotu even looking. It's the general rudeness of people today that bothers me more than anything. I happened to upgrade my seat on one flight only to have the kid behind repeatedly kick the back of my seat I turned around and said to the child, "please stop kicking my seat". His dad tells me that he is 11. EXACTLY!! Certainly old enough to know better.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345