• Mean

1 3.70%
  • Fair

26 96.30%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do you think i am mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 147331
    Thanks hun. I sometimes think it would be so much less hasstle to just get on with all the care myself. We have had a few days apart from hour in the morning of no carers and its so good :)
    Personally I would draft up a list of your expectations and hers during the trip so that it's all set out before you leave.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle hun, she is trying to use emotional black mail! Tell her in no uncertain terms that you will not be paying for anything other than the one text to her parents and then I suggest you let her use your phone for that so you can control it. If something really important comes up like a family emergency back home then her parents can just text your phone and then you can decide where to go from there.

Anything else should be from her phone and tell her that you are not willing to pay for her personal phone. I'd let her know that if she insists on crying and making you miserable that you will slap her you know what on the first plane back to the UK and she can pay for the difference in airfare out of her salary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't read any more :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep looking at this Michelle and really don't know what to say :(

I would be having serious concerns, I think you are being more than generous and if a 27 year old 'professional' can't go away for a couple of weeks without crying about her friends then that is a real worry - it's not her kids she is leaving behind after all

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you are being more than fair Michelle. My DH works away from home every week and no-one offers to pay for his contact with his family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 147463
    I believe you are being more than fair Michelle. My DH works away from home every week and no-one offers to pay for his contact with his family!

exactly!

what is *wrong* with her for goodness sake?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 146765
    You did not come across mean all hun. I asked and you gave your honest opinion. She is paid 12.50 an hour, I think she thinks I am easy push over. She is 27 so not young. The only money she will need is her spends and she has not saved a penny, her problem not mine.
    I'll be the mean one, really I have no problem with it at all as Mom and step-mom to 7 this is outrageous!! At what age do they become responsible adults? I wouldn't pay for 1 text at 27 years of age, I was under the impression she was about 18. Just my 2 cents but rethink your choice. If any of my children said that I would be all over them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 147668

I'll be the mean one, really I have no problem with it at all as Mom and step-mom to 7 this is outrageous!! At what age do they become responsible adults? I wouldn't pay for 1 text at 27 years of age, I was under the impression she was about 18. Just my 2 cents but rethink your choice. If any of my children said that I would be all over them.
    My dh says exactly the same.

Will be chatting when she is back and i will be saying i will not have any tears because you are missing home or friends. If she wanted to come home half way then i will not be paying to get her back. If she does not come thats fine but we will need to look at her wages as i will not be paying for 5 weeks that we will not need her. Beth in respite week before and then 4 days after we get back.
    Myself i like nothing better than to get away from my phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be strong, I will be strong.....!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456