27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mean

1 3.70%
  • Fair

26 96.30%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think i am mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I have told carer that i will pay for 1 text a day so she can let her family know she is ok. She can recieve texts for free. I really do not want to be paying for her to text her mates all the time. The whole holiday is paid for her and all her meals. She will also be getting 20 hours a week extra pay. I did tell her to start i will not pay for every hour she is away and she agreed to this when we booked the villa last August.

Post Thanks / Like
    seems fair to me michelle
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is more than fair. Wow, I don't think I would even pay anything towards a phone bill. Is she complaining about the one text?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair. And responsible. Anything else is her responsibility.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 146714
    I think that is more than fair. Wow, I don't think I would even pay anything towards a phone bill. Is she complaining about the one text?
    Not as yet. She said the other day all her family and friends have mobile phones and she could not afford to text home. She said if she could not text home she would spend all her time crying . I told her i would not be happy with this. So i have agreed to pay for one text a day. I am hoping it will not be an issue. I would be really cross if she crys all the time as it will ruin it for us all.

Post Thanks / Like
    *MORE* than fair in my opinion! Sounds like a great deal to me personally.

I realise it's not 100% a holiday for her, she'll be expected to perform carer duties but even so it sounds like a more than fair deal!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 146720
    Fair. And responsible. Anything else is her responsibility.
    My feeling to Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok dont shout me down its just my own opinion............... i would hate only being able to send 1 text a day to my family i would have thought 3 more of a reasonable amount as if her family ask a question and she cant afford to reply........ please dont be annoyed at me for saying that :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don't know how much a text back to the UK costs so I probably shouldn't be commenting here. But I would think that something between 3 & 5 per day would be reasonable.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 146733
    ok dont shout me down its just my own opinion............... i would hate only being able to send 1 text a day to my family i would have thought 3 more of a reasonable amount as if her family ask a question and she cant afford to reply........ please dont be annoyed at me for saying that :)
    course no one will be annoyed

thing is, we're only talking about what's paid for FOR her here. If she wants to text or phone home more than that she could pay herself?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast