Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Wicked

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone else seen this show?

    i went a few weeks ago and dd and I fell in love with it, we have booked to go back the weekend before christmas and i can't wait.















  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    i want to see it so so much! my sis and i are planning another weekend down in london at some point, but by the time we add in flights acc and tickets it gets expensive!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know you can get 15 and 20 tickets, we've gone for the 20 ones for december. After spending so long travelling it would be rude not to

    i promise you wouldn't be disapointed- i cried almost all the way through i;):rolleyes008:















  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    It came to Washington DC last year but tickets sold out way too fast so I didn't get to go. I'm hoping it'll come round again or maybe I can get to NYC and see it. The book was just awesome.












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    :excited001:YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

    My sister got us tickets for my Birthday and I spent the weekend with her to go see it. It was AMAZING!! I have had the soundtrack forever, but I didn't know all of the details of the show. I have to tell you that there was a point where I thought my Sister and I were going to end up in each other's laps. I don't want it to spoil it for anyone, but it was the point in the show where you realize that it has a whole lot more to do with the Wizard of Oz than you thought! Oh and then you have to go back and figure out all the stuff you were too dumb to notice :rolleyes008:

    I loooooooooooved it!!!



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh snap!!!! i play the sound track allllllllllllllll the time still!!! it doesn't really do it justice though does it? the feeling that the actors put into it on stage is just so emotional.



    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 8075
    :excited001:YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

    My sister got us tickets for my Birthday and I spent the weekend with her to go see it. It was AMAZING!! I have had the soundtrack forever, but I didn't know all of the details of the show. I have to tell you that there was a point where I thought my Sister and I were going to end up in each other's laps. I don't want it to spoil it for anyone, but it was the point in the show where you realize that it has a whole lot more to do with the Wizard of Oz than you thought! Oh and then you have to go back and figure out all the stuff you were too dumb to notice :rolleyes008:

    I loooooooooooved it!!!















  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched this about a year ago when it came to Tampa. It was awesome!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 8097
    oh snap!!!! i play the sound track allllllllllllllll the time still!!! it doesn't really do it justice though does it? the feeling that the actors put into it on stage is just so emotional.

    So true!! I love musicals but this is one of those special shows that you just get sucked right into. I just felt so much a part of it and you are so tired at the end from all the emotion! LOL.

    My Sister and I couldn't stop talking about how hard it must have been to write it. To take such a well known story and be able to tie everything together in such an amazing way. My Sister is a Wizard of Oz nut (always has been), and she said that honestly she would never watch it the same way again :p015:



  9. #9
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    13,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 8056
    I'm hoping it'll come round again or maybe I can get to NYC and see it. The book was just awesome.
    I know a place you can stay if you come to NYC :D

    This is my piece de resistance show. I want to see it so badly (after hearing the audio book) that now I'm willing to wait until I can get the perfect tickets. I'll probably see it again a million times, and then I can sit wherever....but I want to make this one an EVENT. So I'm willing to be patient....well sort of :D




  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    a perfect place to stay no less!












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •