Post Thanks / Like
    From St. Thomas:
    Attached Images Attached Images

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 148536
    Ahhh... the Finger Lakes region!

Geneva, Canandaigua, and the ever popular, sauerkraut capitol of the world, Phelps!

Tom (... if someone's from Rochester, do they all still work at Kodak?)
    True there isn't much up here as nice as the Finger Lakes

Oh and no, not many work at Kodak anymore. Sad but true. Rochester is fast becoming a wasteland. My sister just followed the trail of people and business out and moved to Albany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, I could live in that place on St. Thomas!!! I LOVE it!

Shellyamc, the Finger Lakes region is very nice, but my favorite (after NYC) is the Adirondack region. It's so beautiful and peaceful there (once you get off the beaten path of tourist central).

The wine tours are nice though!

Herself's sister used to live in Rochester. "Used to" is the operative phrase there. All the major industry that once held Central NY together is going or has gone. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 229365
    Shellyamc, the Finger Lakes region is very nice, but my favorite (after NYC) is the Adirondack region. It's so beautiful and peaceful there (once you get off the beaten path of tourist central).

The wine tours are nice though!

Herself's sister used to live in Rochester. "Used to" is the operative phrase there. All the major industry that once held Central NY together is going or has gone. :(
    I have to agree. There is nothing like the Adirondacks We spend so much time up there and are actually headed up to Old Forge tomorrow for the day. Hopefully I will be able to get some nice pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think mine are quite up to the standards of the others in this thread, but I'm proud of them nonetheless.

I hope they come out in order, if so, I started with a Florida theme - pictures of Wishes at MK. The others are the sunrise views from the Ramada Lakefront Hotel on International Drive & from a Villa.

The two lightning pics were taken at Key West - Mallory Square. I was especially proud of these, as a guy with a huge SLR and monopod came up next to me, trying to capture the lightning as I was. He tried for ages, then looked over at me and commented 'it's impossible, it's just too fast'. I was using a camcorder and compact digital at the time!

The next two were taken on a recent trip to India. One is the Golden Temple, Amritsar, the second is a picture of the Himalayas as we flew overhead.

Finally, the last picture is of my neighbour's dog, who I'm sure is up there with the fastest things on the planet! Catching this picture was half luck and half timing. I only wish I had more space on the left side of the picture.

I hope you enjoy them, it's the first time I've ever shown any of my pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why, but this picture didn't come out in my original post.

Here's hoping...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony, they are fantastic pictures - well done on getting the lightening!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!!!! The lightning is majestic and a little frightening all at once. The last photo is elaborate!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    for some reason i like this, it was taken with a teeny weeny tiny digital camera that was totally useless. and was on my very first trip to see the mouse in 2000

also like the 2nd one it was the first i think i took of mikey and lauren they were only 11 & 14 respectively and they sooooooo loved their very first trip to wdw
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    After the rain - Megan's Bay, St. Thomas USVI
    Animal Kingdom Flamingo
    Snails pace in Fort Myers, FL

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast