OOh, I like these kinds of threads!

Bobcat:

Grey Wolf:

Arctic Fox:

Arctic Wolf:

My personal favorite, Canadian Lynx:

Historic Stone Arch Bridge, Minneapolis, MN:

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you get to see the wolves? I take it they are in the wild.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the animals I posted above are real, live wild animals but raised by humans.

There is a place about 90 miles North of the Twin Cities area here in Minnesota called "Minnesota Wildlife Connection." They raise animals for both photographic opportunities as well as educational opportunities.

There has been some negativity in the news surrounding the owner and his couple of lapses in judgement. But he really is a nice guy and all the tree-hugging, PETA-loving activists can go take a hike! They've never met Lee and have no idea what a great guy he really is.

But I digress... What Lee does is allow us photographers the opportunity to photograph animals in their habitats in a safe surrounding. He has a large parcel of land with several excellent habitats to photograph from. The animals are never chained nor harmed. There are no fences. We and the animals are free to move about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I mistaken when I say Lee 'Green' or Greenly owns this? The man that let someone hunt a bear on his reserve?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 250909
    Am I mistaken when I say Lee 'Green' or Greenly owns this? The man that let someone hunt a bear on his reserve?
    Ah, I knew the name rang a bell Josh.....United States Department of Agriculture is seeking to revoke his exhibitor license. Not sure if there is an outcome yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 250909
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 250911
    Ah, I knew the name rang a bell Josh.....United States Department of Agriculture is seeking to revoke his exhibitor license. Not sure if there is an outcome yet.
    No outcome yet. I'm actually slated to go on another photography shoot in late May.

Two sides to every story and unfortunately, the only story out there is one perpetuated by the activists.

Should the bear hunt have happened, maybe not - especially not on State Park land.

That issue aside, Lee has been a great guy and takes very good care of his animals, from what I've seen on my two trips to his land. And I have numerous friends who've also spent many photography trips on his property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStrickPhoto, post: 250912
    No outcome yet. I'm actually slated to go on another photography shoot in late May.

Two sides to every story and unfortunately, the only story out there is one perpetuated by the activists.

Should the bear hunt have happened, maybe not - especially not on State Park land.

That issue aside, Lee has been a great guy and takes very good care of his animals, from what I've seen on my two trips to his land. And I have numerous friends who've also spent many photography trips on his property.
    I'm going to keep my mouth shut after this post as I'm passionate on the subject and would hate to offend anyone but IMO 'being a nice guy' just doesn't cut it- If you own something like this 'reserve' (although I'm more inclined to call it a hunting ground) your life and soul should be put into the up keep of these animals. That bear had a serious dental problem and instead of spending money on repairing it he allowed someone pay a lot of money (around $5k off the top of my head) to STAGE a killing of the bear as though it was a wild animal in a wild setting, when in fact it was in an enclosed area and the bear was tame- I remember the pictures of it being hand fed!

Could you imagine letting someone do that to your dog/whatever pet you have? I don't see this as taking good care of his animals. I see it as using them almost like cattle in the meat trade, "If treatment is not economically viable; kill them." Part of caring for any animal, be it a pet snake, a dog, a cat or raising an animal to show it, is to do the right thing and treat medical conditions appropriately, or in extreme circumstances, HUMANE euthanasia. To me it seems like rather than spend money he's seen the opportunity to make money- the cost of which was the bear's life.

I know there are two sides to every story but it would have to be a pretty substantial 'other side' for me to over look that kind of foul play.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this picture I took. It was about 7/8 am one morning and the quietest you will ever see Main Street USA. It was on our way on the Steam Trains Tour at MK.

[ATTACH]7726.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    It almost looks like a winter morning in the UK! Amazing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456