Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to relax around Disney World :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any places you like to go and just sit and people watch for awhile?

We're always running around madly sometimes I feel we would do better to find a nice place to stop, have an ice cream and cool down

Post Thanks / Like
    tomorrow land transit authority!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, loads of places!!!

TTA as Brit says is a good one, not so much for people watching, but for resting, being lightly entertained and cooling off. Do listen to the announcements.

World Showcase has any number of places. One of my favorite is the side garden at the UK. (Not the one full around back, the one to the side, near the chrysalis box).

We also like to sit at any World Showcase bench in the shade, any where around the lagoon and watch people. You see some incredible things!

Essentially, that's our "secret." We find a bench in the shade in which ever park and just take it all in.

AK is a bit different as the shade there isn't always synonymous with coolness, as that park seems to be more hot and humid than any other park. We try to find the coolest area (sometimes that is down behind Flame Tree BBQ, or along the "river" in Asia, and just relax.

For me, watching the gorillas is very relaxing, and I'll stand there for hours if allowed. :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the TTA to relax, regroup, and plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 148191
    AK is a bit different as the shade there isn't always synonymous with coolness, as that park seems to be more hot and humid than any other park.
    Less buildings than any other park. Less buildings means less doors open blowing out A/C.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many good places around but some that I like to people watch from are:
    in Sunset Boulevard (DHS), the Dawa Bar (AK) and from the rocking chairs in Liberty Square MK.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Future World - by the fountain. Possibly my favourite chill-out spot in the whole of WDW.

In front of the castle is also nice. The rocking chairs on Tom Sawyers Island are also a nice place to sit and while away a bit of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    we love sitting a the Cantina in the Mexico pavillion

yes.. the margaritas are the top reason, hahahaha, but you can enjoy some snacks like nachos, people watch, feed thelagoon ducks and get some great views of the world showcase

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never really found a place in the parks but a hammock at the Poly & the leather chairs in the lobby of WL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cosmic Ray's. (A lot of times when we go, it isn't crowded).

But I have to say that my favorite quiet spots aren't even in the parks. I find the lobby of The Wilderness Lodge very serene. Also hanging out at Fort Wilderness.
    “To see the years touch ye gives me joy, Sassenach, for it means that ye live.”
    - The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast