Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that have gone from Walt Disney World which you still miss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if there are any old restaurants, shows or other areas that you enjoyed which are no longer at Walt Disney World!

I used to enjoy the Diamond Horseshoe Revu. It was a great little show, like Keith's favourite hoop dee doo in a way.

Post Thanks / Like
    The very first thing that popped to mind was "The World Showcase" and cleanliness. There were so many nice little live acts in each country. I particularly liked the piper in the UK who also played the tin whistle. He was very knowledgeable and added quite a lot of atmosphere. The little band of four or five men dressed like Palace guards who used to do little routines with their umbrellas and all fit into the red phone booth, were quite fun to watch too!

There were loads of little acts like that. It seemed that there was always something happening in a given country.

The cleanliness of WDW used to be legendary. The restrooms were sparkling, odor free, and well stocked. The grounds were never anything but immaculately groomed, planted with beautiful flowers and other plants, and the walkways were actually washed!

None of that is the norm anymore.

I miss the Concourse Steakhouse, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Nova Era, the double decker buses, The Junkanoo Bus with dancers, the original Figment attraction, having all the restaurants and counter service places open all the time, the huge event (35-40 booths) that the Food and Wine Festival used to be, Alberta Bound, Horizons, Dream Flight...

Disney stays fresh by changing, but it doesn't make it easier to have personal favorites disappear...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the Hunchback of Notre Dame live show - it was fab.

I also liked that place in Epcot, like a big tent with performances and things in. I can't remember what it was called - we went in back in 2000. DD was picked to join in a show by two mad scientists called the 'anatomical players' doing geegy science things for kids..it was funny.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Toad's Wild Ride... My mom, who doesn't enjoy rides, laughed like a child when we took her on this back in the late '90's.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the masquerade show in Italy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Double Decker Buses at EPCOT, the ability to walk up and talk to a television screen and make same day dining reservations,

Debbie2 I believe you are talking about the Millennium Village. It was set up especially for the Millennium and housed interesting things about countries not normally represented in EPCOT. Now it is used for private parties. We will be attending one of those called Party for the Senses during the Food and Wine festival.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss EPCOT Center.....before the need for all the FP attractions. I miss the original music that played in Future World. I miss the original Communicores. I miss when Disney used to be non-commercial (no Rainforest, no McDonalds, etc). I miss the glass drink stirers at the Gurgling Suitcase. I miss the Coral Isle. I miss seeing Grauman's Chinese Theater when walking into MGM.....I mean DHS. I miss when Tony's Town Square and The Crystal Palace used to be open air. I miss Dreamfinder. I miss Superstar TV. I miss the actual Backlot tour.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    dont think anything has gone yet since ive been going
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Original Figment ride and walk-up dining.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast