Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: New Desktop PC help

  1. #31
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 148734
    omg no wonder its given up the ghost

    why not get a new lappy then

    wellll, we need a desktop AND a laptop to try and keep everyone happy. we hope to go wireless you see then 2 people can use the internet at once

    we do have a couple of older pc's here too that we were given but no internet connection on them although i would look into it if we went wireless.










  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 148739
    wellll, we need a desktop AND a laptop to try and keep everyone happy. we hope to go wireless you see then 2 people can use the internet at once

    we do have a couple of older pc's here too that we were given but no internet connection on them although i would look into it if we went wireless.
    ok so what budget do you have overall....i just had to order 3 laptops for the school so can help on that

    you only need some wireless dongles for those two and away you go

    a router isnt too bad on your pocket either

    let me know
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #33
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't want to tempt fate but it *is* still going at the moment!

    i was given a laptop, a toshiba or a panasonic i can't remember now but it may even be something else! it wouldn't switch on so i gave it to the techy relative and he took it to pieces at his workplace.

    he's waiting for bits and pieces to see if he can get it going again but it's been a while now so i don't hold out much hope!

    he does know what he's doing, works for one of the computer companies but the name escapes me right now. his house is full of computer stuff, he's just not too quick at sorting things out!










  4. #34
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 148740
    ok so what budget do you have overall....i just had to order 3 laptops for the school so can help on that

    you only need some wireless dongles for those two and away you go

    a router isnt too bad on your pocket either

    let me know

    we need to start with the pc first then maybe get round to the laptop later but if we can get the others 2 pc's linked up we should be good for a while!

    overall budget, erm - 600-700 for now i guess, but less would be good!










  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 148743
    we need to start with the pc first then maybe get round to the laptop later but if we can get the others 2 pc's linked up we should be good for a while!

    overall budget, erm - 600-700 for now i guess, but less would be good!
    well i gave you a quote for some kit, top notch brands and real quick if you go the pc route

    wireless dongles are from a tenner upwards

    a router around 50 upwards for a good brand so all in your price range without the lappy and a good tosh for 350 dual core
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #36
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 148746
    well i gave you a quote for some kit, top notch brands and real quick if you go the pc route

    wireless dongles are from a tenner upwards

    a router around 50 upwards for a good brand so all in your price range without the lappy and a good tosh for 350 dual core
    ok thanks Mick, will talk to DH if he ever gets home from work today!

    see how brainless I am, after i said i'd send you an email i went oto do it, read the emails i had there then logged out and only remembered when i read your one today! D'oh!

    i opened the link and started to have a look but it just froze which is nothing unusual so i'll leave it 'til tomorrow now thanks










  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can install a program then you can install Windows onto a mac. It's really that simple (if not more simple!)

    I don't wanna be ramming them down everyone's throat all the time, but seriously, if my Mum can use my mac, anyone can.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  8. #38
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 148769
    If you can install a program then you can install Windows onto a mac. It's really that simple (if not more simple!)

    I don't wanna be ramming them down everyone's throat all the time, but seriously, if my Mum can use my mac, anyone can.
    hmmmm, ask Mick whether he thinks I'll be able to!










  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 148778
    hmmmm, ask Mick whether he thinks I'll be able to!
    You literally open parallels... install desktop.... enter the CD into the CD drive and then follow the instructions. Muy simple!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  10. #40
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 148813
    You literally open parallels... install desktop.... enter the CD into the CD drive and then follow the instructions. Muy simple!

    ok, sounds simple.

    haven't spoken to DH yet as he was late home and is at work again now so will do when i get the chance!










Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •