Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good time to go to WDW (Was 'Easter Time')

Post Thanks / Like
    Does much happen at easter time, and is it very busy?
    In particular the easter half term? That's when we are planning to go in 2010.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Easter Time

Well, yes. It is quite busy at Easter as it is encompassed by Spring Break. There isn't too much special in particular for Easter itself, but you'll run into the random egg hunt here and there. One year they had one in EPCOT, and one year at the Swan.

You'll want a plan, at least an idea of where you want to go each day, and what you want to see in each park.

Don't forget those blasted ADRs if your family wants table service.

You'll be fine!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Easter is a really expensive time to book flights Josh. We thought about Easter but it was actually cheaper for flights in December, although we are going before the school holidays though.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like

It's very very annoying, my dad is factory manager in park hampers and he can't get any time off around christmas time, my mum works in a school and can't get any time off... knew I should get parents with better jobs.

Is it more expensive/busy than July?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak to the expense, but it would be nearly as busy. Depending of course when you came. Fourth of July week (it's a Saturday next year) can be jammed nearly as much as Christmas.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

The summer holidays are cheaper than Easter. I wouldn't go as soon as the school holidays start though, it's normally chaos at the airports.

We've been in July at the beginning though and it was nice. We stayed clear of the parks though on the 4th July.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, we where there from 2nd july-17th of July so it was pretty much full.
    She has a week off school in feb, but she can't get the week before that off too

Is June a nice enough time to go? my uncle went in June (whilst I was at home with his sick dog, I was scared out of my wits something was going to happen!) and said the longest q was 30 mins.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like

June isn't bad. Not all schools are out yet for the summer and the queues don't get terribly long.

We were there a couple of weekends ago (or more, sometime in June) and walked on Splash Mountain, BTMR, PoC... we didn't get there at opening either.

Post Thanks / Like

we might switch to june then!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it just might work ok for you. The rain in the afternoon usually starts in June, so be prepared for that. It would be happening in July too, so no big deal, eh?

Get some Crocs and a Poncho and you're good to go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast