Thread: Can't we all just relax...just a little

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, sometimes I'm reminded about how crazy this world has become.

I read this story and just thought, "come on! really!"

Teacher sorry for mock wedding to 4th grader - Education- msnbc.com

I feel that this was an innocent action that was blown way out of proportion. I think it's sad that people have to pay for the past actions of others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree this was a little bit of fun that has been taken to fair by some parents who again have completely over reacted. sorry if me saying this upsets anyone but look at what is going on in the world today.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get the article to load (or I'm not willing to wait as long as it seems to be taking) so can't comment specifically, but if you find the situation to be overblown, then I'm pretty certain I would too. We tend to think alike, we psych types, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we do. :D

Basically, a little 4th grade girl proposed to her teacher, at the end of the year, the entire class completed a mock wedding. School received several calls regarding the mock wedding and now the teacher has apologized and "regrets" the situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do think we need to be more careful now-a-days...yes! But do we sometimes go overboard and forget to relax...yes!

Additionally, like I said, I think people now have to pay for the actions of those who came before them. It's not fair. (not that life is fair, but hopefully you get what i'm saying)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do indeed. Let's all get really upset about Darfur, about people going hungry, about civil liberties not being available to all persons in a given country, to women being subjugated in some countries, about men being sold into slavery still, about AIDs wiping out entire populations, about HIV+ status continuing to grow... let's all worry about seriously important things, get outraged and do something about those!

"Penny wise and pound foolish." "Mind the dollars and the cents take care of themselves."

Not advocating that the world's ills can be corrected by a few old proverbs/sayings, but sometimes the obvious does need to be stated.

There are far too many critical things in this world to work on and try to rectify, than to spend time harrassing a teacher over what sounds like an innocent situation blown out of proportion.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.... people just overreact and usually see only the bad even in innocent things

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it does seem that way....it never use to be that way though.