Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tracy and chloe do disney august 2009 pre trip report

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 149153
    Yay we'll all have a fab time!

im sure we will and no doubt we'll be both blubbing at wishes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooooh! So soon! And with a new wardrobe!

You're going to have a wonderful holiday, Tracy. Trying different things and making new memories--works for me! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    im sure you will have an awesome time trace

think of the future not of the past
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be easier and better than you think! Have fun shopping! 74 days for us!!

Post Thanks / Like
    37 days now hun :). You will have a fab time and will have new memories of you and Chloe there . Just think you can shop shop shop without being asked if you really need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's good that you're going while you're feeling like this...it gets any trepidation about going without him out of the way, and it will now become the place that belongs to you and Chloe, that will be the freshest and brightest memory. And when you're there you'll have such a fab time the tears will soon clear hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww tarcy hun you and Chloe will have a blast, im sure of it, try not to look back and just concentrate on ENJOYING Disney yaaaay
    Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, hon

Allow me to empathize? I remember most vividly the first trip I took without Brad. We'd only ever been as a family. I was terrified. Truly. I thought of everything that could go wrong. I thought of all the things I'd depended on him doing in the past. And I thought of all the memories we had in this wonderful place. And I almost backed out 300 times.

But I didn't.

It was the very first time I stood on my own two feet and, as my grandmother would say, "screwed my courage to the sticking post." I planned relentlessly. I became determined to make this the best Disney trip ever for myself and my children. I checked, double checked and then checked a third time every hotel reservation, park hour, plane ticket, and plan. I packed meticulously.

And guess what happened?

Our outbound flight was delayed by nearly five hours. Once there, we were beset by a hurricane; it poured buckets for the first three days of our trip. On the third day, I left my brand new camera and my brand new camcorder at the Poly hotel and never saw them again. And I avoided "our" tile like the plague.

But you know what? We *did* arrive. And although I lost my camera's, after reporting it to a CM, he found me in the lobby and handed me EIGHT disposable cameras. I still remember his name to this day. Chris. ('tis why I have a soft spot for our Wendy's wonderful man ). Disposable camera's notwithstanding, some of my dearest and most vivid memories I have of ANY trip were made as my son, my daughter and I sang our way through Animal Kingdom in the torrential rain; stomping through puddles, riding Everest eight times in a ROW, and marveling at our "good fortune" that no one else was in the park. Then there was the day before we left and my daughter said, "We can't leave! We haven't seen our wall!" So we went. And we saw our tiles. Both of them. Yes, we cried. Right there in the middle of EPCOT. Big, fat massive tears. And we huddled together..our new little family...and we still smiled. That, my friend, was the EXACT day we started to heal.

Go. Make your new memories. It is a good place to heal.

Post Thanks / Like
    awww I remember that trip

You are going to have a wonderful time Tracy!! And I cannot wait to meet you

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you do. If it hadn't been for my "girls" that trip, I would have probably drowned in a pool of tears :)

And just *look* at us now...jetting off to Disney yet again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast