Thread: Breadmakers!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just bought a breadmaker, its a DeLonghi one and to be honest im veeeerry disappointed with it . I followed the booklet down to the letter to make my first loaf of bread and it was absolutely horrendous! So blaming myself for it i thought id give it another go - surely the breadmaker couldnt be awful. It was - second loaf was even worse than the first one! My nephew also decided he was going to have a go, followed the recipe and it was dreadful aswell!
    So ive tried a couple more recipes and they are ok - i thought that the breadmaker was going to make it nice and crusty instead im having to put it in the oven to crisp it up!
    Ive got a wholemeal one on the go at the moment, if this isnt perfect the blooming things going back to Argos!

Anyone else got a breadmaker? How do you find it? What make do you have?

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kate, it sounds like there's something wrong with the machine.. we've had three different ones over the years, with the last two being cheap, own brand supermarket ones, and they all made excellent, crusty bread from either ready mix packs or measured ingredients. You certainly shouldn't need to crisp the loaves up in the oven.

I'd take it back and swap for a different brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what i was afraid of Mike!

I hope Argos will accept it back, in all his wisdom dh decided to throw away the polystyrene packaging - although i do still have the box. Either way, the machine is faulty so they should take it back shouldnt they as its not like im returning it because i dont like it

Post Thanks / Like
    It does sound like a faulty machine Kate. Argos are normally pretty good at taking things back without the packaging if the goods are faulty. Hope you try another one as they are brilliant. I have a Russell Hobbs but it is quite a few years old now, got it because it does bigger loaves than most and I have a bigger family than most

Post Thanks / Like
    we all bought one for my Dad some time ago and he made some delicious bread and other goodies in it. I agree with taking it back but do try another

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother in law has one and it's a standing joke that whenever we go and visit all the food she puts in front of us is breadmaker shaped.

We are just 3 weeks away from the next trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 150442
    Mother in law has one and it's a standing joke that whenever we go and visit all the food she puts in front of us is breadmaker shaped.

We are just 3 weeks away from the next trip.

oh i remember that from your plea for help last time! My Dads scones and various dfferent flavoured breads were yummy yum yum!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you should have a problem taking it back to Argos. Hope you get it sorted.

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort