Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday...and a very wet one here

Post Thanks / Like
    Very dark, wet and thundery here. Storms always make my head hurt... :(
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    This Friday has come too quickly! I have become Hotel Billie this summer. Parents just left, friend coming tomorrow and then Aunt coming this coming week. Whew! Have to clean extra bathroom and do tons of laundry!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had miserable weather so far this summer, cool and wet and at times actually cold. Every soccer game for Ds has been murder, the fields are in a park off of Lake Erie and the wind has been incredible. And BTW did I mention the rain..... Thank Goodness hockey is inside

Post Thanks / Like
    Bright blue skies and blazing sun this morning...until the gray clouds and lightning roll in for the afternoon.

I'm actually home this Friday! YAY for me! I do have a ton of paperwork to do though, so it's going to be a very busy day.

Not sure what is on the docket for the weekend. A bit of relaxation I hope! I have to get ready to go to New Jersey for next week, so that's there to do, too.

I heard a news report when I was in South Florida this week. Biologists and scientists (ummm... aren't they the same???) have counted over (as in MORE THAN) 100,000 PYTHONS in the Everglades!

There is a plan in the making to address the problem. The Everglades Park department wants to have a hunting opened to the public (oh great idea ) and the state wants to have the Parks rangers do the hunting.

So, while they argue back and forth, those pythons are out there, doing whatever pythons do to make baby pythons...

I am so NOT going over Alligator Alley again!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe it's Friday already it don't seem like yesterday I was asking you all what you were all uto the weekend.

I have no plans for this weekend only housework!

1996 All Star Sports Resort
    1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
    2001 Carousel Inn (California)
    2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 Sheraton Park Anaheim (California)
    2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
    2013 El Dorando Seaside Suites (Mexico)
    2015 All Star Sports Resort

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had soaking wet washing on the line since yesterday - non stop rain here.

The weeks are flying by. DS doesn't finish school till next Wednesday. Holiday balance got to be paid next Friday so it's going to be a week of scrimoing and saving and not much spending.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 150602
    'tis very grey and windy here but not raining.....yet. we had some terrific rain, thunder and lightning last night.

the boys and i were watching it at around 10.30, there was no way they were going to sleep while it was going on!
    We were all watching the same storm here too. :D

Steven graduated year 1 today.

School doesn't officially end until next Wednesday but everyone is spending the last 3 days of term in their new classes so as from Monday he will be in year 2.

I finished with year 3 today and from Monday will be in year 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and we had the first confirmed case of swine flu at school today.

Post Thanks / Like
    THEY HAVE FINISHED.
    Well in the mad hot summer, we were having some friends over for a BBQ tomorrow but this has now changed to a take away.
    Lily has her school disco tonight.
    And l have just booked a 3 night stay in my bestest hotel in Bournemouth for 4 us of us. 1 of them isn't coming CAN you guess who.
    We are not having a holiday this year (Well not all of us!!!!!) due to DH's job. So he suggested a stay in Bournemouth and he will join me for the weekend.
    So my long 6 weeks will be broken up.
    Quick question for Claire or Ann, what is the big shopping centre outside of bournemouth called.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It was like October here yesterday and today :(. Beth had awards day at school today. She got 14 awards for equals, for the work she has done for the year. Well done sweetie. I did get cross as she was at respite last night and someone has put a brush through her hair which made her look like she was ready for a 70's party. It annoys me as it only takes 2 minutes to get it looking nice, i mean they would not leave the house like it so why should she. Also her jacket has gone missing and nobody knows were it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast