Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Update on Wendy & Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    for both of you
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wen hope you get good news soon hun
    thinking of you both
    Love Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I didn't log on yesterday, I was pretty down and I feel even worse today :( thank you Diane for keeping everyone up to date

So, I had a phone call at 7.20am from Fay my physio basically it's not good news, she has told me some of it but said she will explain it all properly tomorrow when I am in for an appointment at 3pm.

She said that my knee is in a terrible state ironically the meniscus or cartilage is fine, I have torn the medial collateral ligament which connects the femur to the tibia and she said I have osteogenic degeneration, which I assume is something to do with osteoarthritis Fay said there were other things as well, but it would be much easier to talk about it face to face because she can show me what she's talking about. I suppose that's fair enough

I jokingly said, so my holiday in September is out then and she just went quiet and said she'll speak to me tomorrow. She also said that she would phone the consultant's secretary today and try and get me an appointment for next week to see him.

I don't know what to do now, do I cancel everything, change the dates or what :( It's just all too much to cope with, I can't even go to the place my Dad's ashes were scattered on his anniversary because I can't walk down the slope to get there :(

Life really stinks right now

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wendy I'm so so sorry. You really must be feeling dreadful and miserable

You may as well leave your decision about your holiday until you have spoke to Faye tomorrow - it's not that far away and at least then you'll know all the facts. Although I do know that tomorrow will seem to take forever to come and it won't stop you going through all the permutations of what to do :(

As for going to the place where your dear Dad's ashes were scattered....I know how tough that is for you hun, but that will bother you more than him....you wanting to go will mean the same to him. I know you'll remember him in a special way anyway, and that matters so much.

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wendy I'm so sorry, you sound so low

Don't cancel anything until you've had your appointment - you may be able to control the pain with medication, just wait and see what they say.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Wendy, I do feel for you...................... I have terrible knees and have had both of them operated on several times. I'm now at the stage where there is no more treatment and I should have them both replaced but am too scared and feel i'm too young. I don't know what your expected treatment is over the next few months, but I had an arthroscopy one year about 6 weeks before we were due to travel to Cuba, Me being me thought that I would be fine and we still went - I suffered dreadfully as my knees seized up on the flight and just didn't seem to get going again for the whole holiday - spent a fortune on meds over there!! Looking back we really should have postponed the holiday for another month or so, but you only know that after the event. I'm not trying to put a downer on your hols, but if you have to have an op on them soon then I would definitely be thinking of changing your dates (sorry).

Your dad will know that you are thinking of him and why you can't make it to the place his ashes were scattered, but he'll be around you anyway - it's you he loves and not "the place"

On another note................ I have all kinds of pain relief for my knees that work well at various stages, including the electronic pen for quick relief (works like a tens but fits in your handbag) One of my quickest "fixes" though is a cream called Deep Relief, its fantastic, and although you might be sceptical at first about how well it could work I couldn't be without it. It contains ibuprofen and menthol and it gives almost instant relief - i've tried all the other ibuprofen creams but none work as well as this one, everyone I know now uses it - you could give it a try

Sorry this post is so long, hope you are feeling better soon xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy I wish I had a magic wand. I agree with Deb and hang fire on any decision about your holiday until you've spoken to Fay tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your kind words, I'm just over emotional at the moment, I think with Chris being so ill, now my knee and the time of the year, it's just been all building up

Sorry for dripping here this is supposed to be a happy place. I swore that no matter what she said I wouldn't get upset ............. famous last words eh :rolleyes008:

Tomorrow seems like long way away at this moment I've already googled mcl tear and it doesn't sound like an op solves that problem, just physio and exercises, so how on earth I am supposed to walk until it repairs itself I don't know With the amount of googling I've been doing, I'll be an expert on it by the time I see her tomorrow

I won't do anything today, like Deb, Sandra and Claire have said, I might as well wait, what difference is another 24 hours or so going to make

Thank you for the advice Linda I must admit, I've been working myself up to having the op and then hopefully being well enough to still go away. I am using Tiger Balm, it's something that Dad always swore by and it's worked in the past but it doesn't seem to be helping with the knee problem, I'll get Chris to get some for me to try

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    awwww wen i so feel for you hun....fingers crossed something can be done.....id just wait and see about the holiday, dont do anything just yet....big hugzzzzzzzz to you and chris
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    dont know what else to say so have a

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast