Thread: Restaurants near [or at] Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW and I will be staying at Disney`s Vero Beach Resort for a few days in September.
    This will be our second visit there and several years since we were last at that location.

Apart from the restaurants at the actual resort itself, can anyone recommend any other "eateries" for dinner. We will have a car so driving won`t be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? We've always been challenged in this department too.

There is a notebook of local restaurants available at the front desk. You can do as we've done and peruse to see if anything appeals...

We've always ended up going to Publix and getting food there and bringing it back to the villa.

If you do try a local place, PLEASE let us know how you find it? We're headed there in August and would like some idea of offsite places to dine, too!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 150696
    If you do try a local place, PLEASE let us know how you find it? We're headed there in August and would like some idea of offsite places to dine, too!
    In which case I should ask you the same thing Tink seeing as we won`t be there until September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either Captain Hiram's Restaurant which is in Sebastian (about 3 miles north of the resort) or the Ocean Grill which is in the town of Vero Beach, about 8 miles south of the resort.

There's a listing here Vero Beach, Florida

i found lots of the places were below mediocre though :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo, post: 150733
    Either Captain Hiram's Restaurant which is in Sebastian (about 3 miles north of the resort) or the Ocean Grill which is in the town of Vero Beach, about 8 miles south of the resort.

There's a listing here Vero Beach, Florida

i found lots of the places were below mediocre though :(
    Thanks for that Jojo.
    I never realised that there were so many restaurants in such a small location.
    As you can imagine though, it`s probably best to stick with those recommended by others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eeesh! I need to pay more attention when I read! LOL.

Yes, there are some really not so great places in the area, that's why we haven't ventured out too much. :(

Sebastian and Vero Beach proper are both sleepy little places, not that that implies lousy food, but it does hint toward the Mom and Pop style of restaurant. Those can be wonderful, but only if Mom and Pop know how to cook.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Will ask DD, her in-laws have a vacation home there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 150773
    Will ask DD, her in-laws have a vacation home there!
    That would be great, thanks.