Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much or little do you plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's another stupid jojo question

We re normally such laid back people but im in overtime planner mode for the disney trip. MUST have all our meals must have all these shows and im having rows about how much we can do in a day :(

So am i mad. will it be better to relax a lot and miss things or better to pack it all in, see most of the things i want to and then be tired but happy

what do you do? how much do you plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo, post: 150726
    Yes it's another stupid jojo question

We re normally such laid back people but im in overtime planner mode for the disney trip. MUST have all our meals must have all these shows and im having rows about how much we can do in a day :(

So am i mad. will it be better to relax a lot and miss things or better to pack it all in, see most of the things i want to and then be tired but happy

what do you do? how much do you plan?
    We tend to "wing it" as far as daytime activities go, visiting the parks for example based on how we feel on that day unless we have pre-booked any special events [eg MNSSHP etc.].
    We always make sure that we allow some rest days though to conserve our energy!
    There was a time in the good old days when we could do the same when choosing where to have dinner on-site however nowadays thanks to all of those pesky dining plans etc. it is sadly essential for us to make ADR`s way in advance for our "must do" restaurants. It sure is a pain deciding where to eat 3 months in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same as Slowhand!

We've been lucky enough to go quite often so we don't worry about doing everything in the parks any more, just catching our must-dos as and when. I think the first time we went though we fitted SO much into that first week. We were tired by the end though.

Meals now seem to define our planning process. We try and decide where we must eat and what else is going on around that day. It's a far cry from the days when we could walk up to le cellier and have a great dinner there without any plans BUT with care, we still tend to get what we want and have some wonderful meals
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We print out a 1 month calendar and write bits on but it's just to give us an idea of what we want to do and there's usually things scribbled out and moved -

Oh I love it, the anticipation is great and really something to look forward to

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan, plan, plan

If I went more often that every two years I would probably be more laid back about it (or I like to think I would anyway! ) but as it is I like to see and do everything we want to and pack in as much as possible. We do tend to have ADR's for most days and plan the days around that or other things we want to do that are date specific.

Mind you I am the same whether its a holiday to WDW or camping in Dorset :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We make a note of the things that we definitely want to do but fit them into which days we want when we get there. Slightly different this time around as we are taking a friend for our DS14, and the friend has never been abroad before, so we will be seeing Florida through new eyes again this time and i'm so excited! As a surprise for doing well at school we are taking them on the Zipline safari and a helicopter ride as well as being there for Halloween & doing all the parks

Edinburgh, Scotland. The most beautiful littlest c
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm usually kind of easy-osy about planning. I usually just make sure the days we go to the parks are either light or average crowd attendance. I guess being a few times before tends to take the pressure off a bit.

However, this October we're going with family members who have never been before so the planning is in full swing to maximise their enjoyment. ADR's have been made and dates for the parks have been chosen to include Wishes, Spectromagic and Fantasmic.

Haven't been this organised for such a long time!

Post Thanks / Like
    We kind of plan. We know which park we intend to be in on each day but that is flexible. For example if we wake up to pouring rain then we'll head to Epcot whatever because there's enough undercover there to keep us occupied. We don't book many onsite meals but those also dictate what park/area we'll be in on a specific day.

Other than that we temd to go with the flow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me plan?
    Never.......!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 151146
    Me plan?
    Never.......!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast