Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry potter v religion?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just think it all comes down to RESPECT I might not agree with the way you think, but I still have to respect it, just as you have to respect my way of thinking and living

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not read HP or seen any of the movies. Not because of any bias against them. I plan to read the books one day.

I consider myself a Christian. Yet I also beleive in all sorts of things that a typical Christian would be shocked by. I just think that all things fit together in some sort of way. I also think there are lots of things in this world that we can't see and possibly can't understand.

And I also beleive that books and films are a way to escape.

That being said, my mother is a member of the Church of God denomination (almost Pentacostal but not as extreme). She is against HP. She used to be against Disney. Thanfully that has changed. She is also against Halloween. WHhile I see Halloween as a fun way to dress up and beg for candy.

I'd rather discuss this stuff with co-workers than my mom and sister......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find very few places to discuss politics and religion without people screaming and calling each other names. They are both fascinating and complex subjects to discuss when "adults" are involved.

Another reason this forum rocks!!!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123