Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been dreading my son saying this...

Post Thanks / Like
    And this morning it happened.

"Mummy I want to play football"

Post Thanks / Like
    good for him rugger is for wimps
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohoohohohohohoho

Mick...

The lad I am supporting in school next year is a West Ham supporter. What do I need to know so I can at least converse with him a bit about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn,

You'd better prepare yourself for whole weekends being taken over standing on the sidelines in the pouring rain and wind...

I have 3 boys, luckily just the older 2 played for teams, my 10 year old has never wanted to join.

My oldest now plays for a men's baseball team ( he's 17) and lucky for us, as it's all men, they can drive so they ferry him about as they want him on the team... we get off lightly now

As for West Ham - we're all Liverpool fans in our house apart from 17 year old and he's West Ham but less said about that....

Over to you Mick

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwww... :( I was hoping for a chip off the old block. So was Auntie Herself.

Lacrosse, at least? :D:D

Footie? OK. OK. Football it is. Photos of the kitted out lad please. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    He still wants to play rugby but that doesn't start until September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 150898
    Ohoohohohohohoho

Mick...

The lad I am supporting in school next year is a West Ham supporter. What do I need to know so I can at least converse with him a bit about it.
    take a look on here and do some reading :D

WHUFC

cool hes got his head screwed on then :)

how old is he dawn

ask him what players he knows about, and if you do some homework loads to talk about :)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 150915
    He still wants to play rugby but that doesn't start until September.
    get him doing as many sports as pos. mikey is pretty good at most sports but, apart from footbal, soccer tink luvs trampolining he scares me when hes on the one in the garden hes nuts
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My lad at school is 9 and is footie mad. He gave me a look of disgust when I mentioned rugby.

I don't want all those details, just a crash course. Who is the star player, what league do they play in, that kind of stuff.

As for Steven if he wants to try footie then we'll let him have a go. The local junior club has a very good reputation. So it would be karate on Tuesday, piano lessons Thursday, karate then football on Saturdays and rugby on Sundays. Need to fit piano practise and swimming lessons around that lot too. And he's only 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    omg poor steven lol

ok they play in the premiere league...gianfranco zola is their manager.....player of the year was scott parker, great player.

best players have been

bobby moore
    geoff hurst only player to score a hattrick in a world cup final
    martin peters
    paolo dicanio
    julian dicks
    paolo futre, i classed him better than maradona, shame he was forced into retirement with dodgy knees
    robert green best goalie ive seen there since phil parkes and ludo miklosko

West Ham United Football Club is an English football club based in Upton Park, London Borough of Newham, East London. They have played their home matches at the Boleyn Ground stadium since 1904.

The club was founded as Thames Ironworks F.C. in 1895 and was later reformed, in 1900 as West Ham United. They initially competed in the Southern League and Western League before joining the full Football League in 1919 and enjoyed their first top flight season in 1923, featuring in the first FA Cup Final to be held at Wembley that year against Bolton Wanderers. The club have won the FA Cup three times: in 1964, 1975 and 1980. They have also been runners-up twice, in 1923 and 2006.

In 1965, they won the European Cup Winners Cup, and in 1999 they won the Intertoto Cup.

They also won the inaugural Football League War Cup in 1940. The club's best final league position is third place in the 198586 (old) First Division.

West Ham currently compete in the Premier League, and finished in 9th position in the 200809 season. They have been members of the Premier League for all but three seasons since its creation in 1992, and their highest finish in the Premier League was 5th in 199899.
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast