Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday hints

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going during the holidays for the first time too! Thanks eveyone for the suggestions! (although I can do without the snow as I'm sure we'll have plenty of that in Buffalo!) :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink.. I had no idea about the storytellers!!

It sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket, post: 151954
    Can you get to Celebration via Disney transportation?
    Sadly the answer is no.
    You would either have to drive there or take a cab. A cab shouldn`t be too expensive though as Celebration is very close to WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the budget allows, tickets for MVMCP might be nice, if it's still running while you're there. Truthfully, I didn't enjoy it as much in 2007 as I did in 2003 and 2004, although it was nice. They cut so many things that comparisons were inevitable, unfortunately.

There is a holiday-themed show at the castle daily. If MVMCP is over, I believe they still show Mickey's Night Before Christmas in the evening. I've never been there that close to Christmas!

As Tink and Foreverducky said, the Storytellers at WS are wonderful. Unless they've changed, they don't schedule the times logically for guests. Probably quite logical for WDW and traffic, but not for guest schedules! If you try to follow them around WS in order, you'll have gaping time holes from one country to the next. Although the time could be well spent shopping or window shopping! Be sure to check the schedule when you arrive at the park. :)

Touring the resorts during the holidays is one of my favourite pastimes! The deluxe resorts are decorated the most eleaborately, but all of the resorts have decorations at least in the lobby and gift shop areas.

It's a terrific time to visit WDW! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been for the last 6 Christmas/New Year periods and we love it.
    Some of my favourites are the Osbourne Lights at DHS...carols are piped through to the streets and they have snowfall while the lights are on display.

MK is so special with it's Christmas themed shows and parades. Then there's the castle lighting called Cinderella's Holiday Wish. The whole of the castle ends up covered in ice blue twinkling lights....very beautiful.

AK also has a Christmas themed parade.

As Tink has said, the story of Christams told by Father Christmas in various countries of World Showcase. There is also a tree lighting ceremony at Epcot each evening around dusk.

Universal Studios have Macey's Parade.

SeaWorld has the Polar Express over in Wild Arctic. There's also Shamus Christmas Miracles....which is very good. Modern Gospel singers, a sax player, a choir enters from the top of the stadium and walk through the guests with lit candles...even the Shamu trainers dance a little!

The houses at Celebration are very pretty too with their white Christmas lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is it you can get a horse and carriage ride through woods or something at a WDW resort?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 152942
    Where is it you can get a horse and carriage ride through woods or something at a WDW resort?
    Wilderness Lodge ? [I think ]
    They also do carriage rides in Celebration during the festive season.

Post Thanks / Like
    The POR!! You can do beautiful carriage rides right at the POR

Dh and I loved it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful suggestions. Thank you! The storyteller idea is a keeper and perfect for my kids. If I may ask, what is 'MVMCP'? That's one acronym I can't fathom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cricket, it looks like your family and mine will be spending the holidays at the same resort! I've heard that New Year's at Epcot is a fun celebration--with each country doing a mini-countdown to the New Year that corresponds to midnight in the actual country. In theory, you can travel around the World Showcase and holler "Happy New Year" in several languages, throughout the day...sounds like a good time to me (and still "cool" enough for my two kids, who are 9 and 12)!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast