Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Post Thanks / Like
    It's worrying me a lot too. You plan every detail but this could scupper everything. Must ring insurance to check covered just in case.

Heard on TV this morning that considering not re-opening schools in September for a month and that the number of cases is going to double week on week. We don't go till mid September so probability increases each week. As DS falls into high risk category its just another thing to lose sleep over.

After the rotten year we have had so far I won't believe we are going till that plane takes off - with us on it!

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2, post: 151848
    It's worrying me a lot too. You plan every detail but this could scupper everything. Must ring insurance to check covered just in case.

Heard on TV this morning that considering not re-opening schools in September for a month and that the number of cases is going to double week on week. We don't go till mid September so probability increases each week. As DS falls into high risk category its just another thing to lose sleep over.

After the rotten year we have had so far I won't believe we are going till that plane takes off - with us on it!
    Awww Debbie, sending you loads of love and wishes for your DS and we'll keep everything crossed for you that you stay virus free and that you will be on that plane in September

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what people don't understand when i say how worried i am.

They just say it doesn't matter because you just recover and go later.
    I have put 2 years of planning and saving into this holiday and we are doing something every day that has been booked and paid for which we wouldn't get money back for if the insurance company didn't pay out.
    I wouldn't be able to fit in 3 weeks at any other time of the year due to the school holidays either so we have an awful lot to lose and at the moment sleep is the main one!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's crazy right now, media hype everywhere which means politicians do and say crazy things as well.

I just had an email from our data centre where we have our servers saying they'll be on the look out for symptoms and won't let people in if they look like they have swine flu. Hmmmmmm strange that they haven't bothered saying anything similar all the other years when normal flu was everywhere!

I'm not worried about getting it, if I do then I do, chances are that it won't be serious anyway but I AM worried about silly jobsworths messing me around at the airport if I dare to cough a couple of times too many or whatever sigh.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    when i went to my staff meeting last night my boss asked if any of us wanted time off but did reassure us that as soon as the injections become available we would be some of the first to be done.

with everything that has gone on for me this year you can bet i'll come down with it

im not sure how i feel about the schools closing for another month .... who do they think will look after my kids while i have to work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt very much if they will kep the schools closed Tracy for exactly that reason.

Also for those like Robyn going into their exam year it would be a nightmare as they would be at such a disadvantage with losing so much learnin and revision time.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're all ill here with flu at the moment. Dont know if its swine flu or regular flu but DRs dont seem too bothered. Just been told to keep an eye on things and as long as we are not getting worse just keep self medicating. In a way I hope it is swine flu, at least it would be out the way then.

March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside,
    Nov 1998 - Westridge,
    Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge,
    Sept 2005-Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doctor told my friend it's better to get it now rather than the winter... I just down want it right on top of our long awaited holiday...

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen, post: 151892
    We're all ill here with flu at the moment. Dont know if its swine flu or regular flu but DRs dont seem too bothered. Just been told to keep an eye on things and as long as we are not getting worse just keep self medicating. In a way I hope it is swine flu, at least it would be out the way then.
    Hope you are all feelling better soon Karen. I agree getting it out of the way now seems a good option, but if its going to be as rife as the stats suggest then come October with all the media hype we won't dare to sniff when we get to the airport, whether its flu, allergies or any other reason. It all seems like media hysteria at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed for you guys!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast